Check out my new stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLINT

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 5, 2008
Western VA Mtns.
I'm so psyched. unfortunately, I haven't even seen it yet!!! I picked it up from the freight dock this morning. I need to find a couple guys to help me unload it tomorrow.

I'll post more pics once its setup.

(you can see some of next years wood in the background stacked between trees and covered in snow)

Attachments

• NewStove.jpg
    NewStove.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 1,205
What kind of stove is it? Why don't you have your wood covered?

If I was near by I'd help ya, but I'm afraid the ride would take a little too long!

VCBurner said:

Woodstock Fireview.

BrotherBart said:
VCBurner said:

Woodstock Fireview.

Nice! Thanks BB and congrats Flint!! I dream someday to have one sitting out in my truck too! I'd probably go and pick it up and save the shipping cost though. Good luck and keep us updated, can't wait to see it burning.

I'll bet that puppy helped winter traction. Nice box :).

Great choice, it will heat well in your open floor plan. Aren't you close to Brother Bart? I'm sure if you offered a few Naty's he'd lift that little stove out of your truck all by himself. :lol:

We will have to call the 1-800 number on the box to find out what he bought. :-S It will make you a nice heating stove. Congratulations ! We want to see it up and running. :cheese:

Fake coal burner said:
We will have to call the 1-800 number on the box to find out what he bought. :-S It will make you a nice heating stove. Congratulations ! We want to see it up and running. :cheese:

Hearth.com members are only allowed to buy Fireviews and Blaze Kings this year and that ain't Blaze King's phone number. :lol:

Actually, its a Keystone. But you are correct with the Woodstock part.

I spoke with a woodstock rep for a while again this past saturday, and he thought based on my home size, location of stove, insulation level, etc, that the Keystone would be better. Plus, I really wanted the top flue vent option anyways, and my wife wanted the ash tray, and the large glass is nice as well.

ordered in on saturday, they shipped it on monday, and it got to va on wednesday, and i picked it up this morning - very quick and painless!!!

oh and I leave my "next years" wood uncovered for a year or two outside, and then in the fall before the winter I plan to burn it, after a nice long dry spell (so there is no moisture from rain on it), I move it all into the woodshed, which you can't see in that picture.

Yeah, my wife is really wanting to rip open that box and see what that puppy looks like!!

FLINT said:
Actually, its a Keystone.

You rebel you.

Enjoy that stove. And we want to see it as much as she does.

Nice looking stove. Can't wait to see it in place and burning.

In order to pass the hearth test it needs to be able to fit one of these inside.

Attachments

• key_light.jpg
    key_light.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 893
I don't know about you rfloor plan, but ours is 1600-1700 sf. ranch. The stove is in a open area (dining room, living room and kitchen) about 800 sf. and heats our houe just as evenly if not more evenly than our electric baseboard heat. With the fireview I can keep our house at 75 deg f. and upwards with 1 and 1/2 loads of wet wood in the teens at night and upper 20 to lower 30 at daytime. Granted i only have 6 days experiance under my belt but still. Soapstone rules!! CATS rule TUBES drool! You made the best choice!!

Corriewf said:
Nice! How long before install pics? :)

I'm hoping to get it set up today somehow! If so, I can't post pics at home this weekend because of my super slow dialup, so pics would have to wait until monday :(

Terrific news, and I knew Woodstock would give you the proper "skinny" on which stove would be best suited to your situation. And I'm especially glad that your wife is excited, too. I'm already on record (several times) as one who believes that you should have a stove that pleases you aesthetically, too.

Ain't it great when it all comes together so nicely?

BrotherBart said:
VCBurner said:

Woodstock Fireview.

It's a Fragile from Italy. :)

zap

The first post in the thread made me think okay which stove did you buy? Then I look at your empty sig line and I think okay, a riddle. Then I zoom in on the photo and see the woodstove.com which as everyone should know is woodstock's website. I saw the weight and box size though and assumed a fireview.

Good to see a different woodstock going in. Be sure to post the pics Sally.

FLINT said:
zapny said:
BrotherBart said:
VCBurner said:

Woodstock Fireview.

It's a Fragile from Italy. :)

zap

Nice Christmas Story reference.

Yes, this is my 'major award' - isn't that what he called it?

My neighbor owns the leg lamp from the movie and it makes an appearance in his living room window during the holidays.

Nice license plate.

I'd be careful. I think that cardboard and wood pallet are a bit to close to meet code for clearance to combustibles, and it looks like you might not have very much stack height.

The snow and trees make decent insulation, and it looks like your floorplan is pretty wide open there. The Keystone shouldn't have too much trouble heating that space, though I can't quite tell your ceiling height from the pic.

ok, so here it is. all set up and its been keeping us more than plenty warm this weekend.

I can already see that we will be using way less wood than before - although, since its so easy to run it 24/7, it may even out a little, but i still think probably less overall - while our comfort level will be greatly improved.

for example, with the old stove, it would be 80-85 degrees when we go to bed, and then 60-65 degrees in the morning.

With this stove, its been about 75 degrees when we go to bed, and about 72 or 73 degrees when we get up !!!

last night, I put a load in at 9pm, and this morning at 6am, we still had plenty of coals and loaded it up again, and I spoke with my wife on the phone and she reloaded it around 1:30pm. amazing.

the only problems so far is that the glass is not clean - i think i might not have run it hot enough at first, and then yesterday, it did this weird thing where it shot smoke out the side, but that might have been operator error as well.

so here are some pictures - the first is me and my boys starting it for the first time, and the next two are just shots of it in place.

Attachments

• First Fire.jpg
    First Fire.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 330
  • stove front.jpg
    stove front.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 317
  • stove side.jpg
    stove side.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 324
FLINT said:
ok, so here it is. all set up and its been keeping us more than plenty warm this weekend.

I can already see that we will be using way less wood than before - although, since its so easy to run it 24/7, it may even out a little, but i still think probably less overall - while our comfort level will be greatly improved.

for example, with the old stove, it would be 80-85 degrees when we go to bed, and then 60-65 degrees in the morning.

With this stove, its been about 75 degrees when we go to bed, and about 72 or 73 degrees when we get up !!!

last night, I put a load in at 9pm, and this morning at 6am, we still had plenty of coals and loaded it up again, and I spoke with my wife on the phone and she reloaded it around 1:30pm. amazing.

the only problems so far is that the glass is not clean - i think i might not have run it hot enough at first, and then yesterday, it did this weird thing where it shot smoke out the side, but that might have been operator error as well.

so here are some pictures - the first is me and my boys starting it for the first time, and the next two are just shots of it in place.

Out of curiosity, it looks like you sealed up the old fireplace opening. So, it seems you have some bricklaying skills; how come you didn't extend the hearth out with brick which would have allowed you to use up less floor space? This isn't a criticism, just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.