Check out my new stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrowningBAR said:
Out of curiosity, it looks like you sealed up the old fireplace opening. So, it seems you have some bricklaying skills; how come you didn't extend the hearth out with brick which would have allowed you to use up less floor space? This isn't a criticism, just wondering.

ahh, excellent question,

because, the hearth is built up from underground with a concrete footer, etc. however, the hardwood flooring is just over floor joists, so the amount of bricks it would take to build up to the hearth level would weigh way too much for the floor to support and with a stove on top of that to boot.

also, thanks, you are very kind regarding my bricklaying skills - I had actually never done it before, so considering, I guess it didn't turn out horrible.

Looks great Flint. I like the looks of the Keystone over the other Woodstocks, I hope the new stove has a similar look. The dirty glass should burn off with a hot fire, maybe your wood isn't very dry?

Todd said:
Looks great Flint. I like the looks of the Keystone over the other Woodstocks, I hope the new stove has a similar look. The dirty glass should burn off with a hot fire, maybe your wood isn't very dry?

Same here . . . I like the more Plain Jane look . . . if only it were a bit bigger and the door opened in the front . . . then I would have to do some explaining to my wife why we would need a new woodstove. ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.