checking temperature

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westcafe

Oct 5, 2008
central, ma
I know i've seen this before on here, but trying to find out the best way to check the heat output of my stove. Where do I put the thermometer?
I have an enviro omega.

Place the thermometer where the heat blows out for best results. It will give you at least an idea of the temp.

The temp will vary however depending on the speed of the fan blowing out the heat. On your lowest heat setting, with the fan on low, you will get a higher temperature than you will with the stove set on the lowest with the fan set on a higher speed. Therefore I think the best way to test the stoves temp would be by checking it by changing the heat setting, rather than fan speed.

Hope that makes some sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.