Chimney cleaning info.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Fire is a big time worry here and unfortunately some people just don't get it and are still carelessly having campfires and discarding butts out the window. Blows my mind really.
No open burning allowed down here, including campfires. There is a hint of slight rain this weekend, hope the whole area gets some.

That's the problem with people. It's very much not allowed up here to open burn, we've been under state of emergency most of the summer and still 19 $1150 fines were handed out this last weekend(long weekend up here). I guess it's just not a good time without a good ole campfire. !!!

Congrats on the new certificate Squish! It was a nice break sat-sun from the smoke, but now it is back!

How far will you travel for jobs? I may know some people that may want some work done in my nieghbourhood, they are not to pleased with the local guy here.

Yah that bit of rain was nice but short lived.

Thanks for the thoughts but I only go north to Falkland, and that's already quite a haul for me.

No problem, I can't blame you. Here's to hoping all of the firewood in our area doesn't burn outside of our stoves! Hahaha

This has been a great read. I started my own thread similar to yours and was directed here. Right now I'm trying to contact the Maine sweep guild to find out more info about classes and certifications.

Glad you found this thread. I thought it would be helpful. Have you also checked out www.csia.org?