Chimney inspection 1-1.5 cords

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

john26

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 27, 2008
Wildwood MO
I just took a few pictures of my Lopi flue liner with roughly 1- 1.5 chords ran through it I have been experimenting with this stove due to over draft. How does this look? First two pics are now last one is after I cleaned it last fall.
chimneynow2.jpgchimneynow.jpgchimney clean.jpg

Great looking chimney.
BTW - Cords not Chords ;)

Top side is not easily accessible it sticks up over the roof peak a good bit which is snow covered right now. This insert has high draft so I added extra firebrick between the firebox and the secondary burn chamber to slow it down since a damper appears to be almost impossible to add. The fire is tamed down a lot and burns nice now stove top temps are a little low 400- 500 F range so I was a little worried, but the chimney looks good so I will continue with it.
Great looking chimney.
BTW - Cords not Chords ;)
Thanks I think spell check got me I will fix it

All wood was standing dead about 2 years then split late last winter and covered since last spring.

thats how mine looked a few days ago when i cleaned it so i'd say yours looks goooooood. Nice piece of mind knowing you arent making much creosote

20210217_100838.jpg