cleaning napoleon 1100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

makoda

Dec 15, 2013
Utah
I am wondering from you napoleon owners if the sooteater fits up past the secondary air bar if you just take the baffles out. Or also what method you find to be the best to clean these? I was looking at getting the soot eater but am open to opinions as well.

thanks

I have a 1450, and my sooteater rods went easily up past the bar after I pulled the baffles.

I have ordered a sooteater to use to clean the chimney on my Napoleon 1100c. I anticipate it being able to fit after removing the baffles.

Well if you don't mind let me know when you get yours.

And blue guy I bet if the 1400 fits the 1100 will too. Basically the same specs other than depth of firebox.

I have been using a SE for a few years now and it works great. Since our stove is in the family room, i take the 4 foot pipe coming off the stove into the wall off and clean it outside the house then cover the thimble with a plastic bag. then I clean the outside pipe using the SE through the clean out door. Yes is more work, but I do this once a year, sometimes two times and the entire thing takes me about 40 minutes. A small price to pay for no dust in the house while cleaning. After the all is put back together I put stove mortar-cement at the connection of stove to pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.