Cleaning Oval Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainestove87

Aug 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I'm in a new house, and I just convinced the lady of the domicile that we should cut some of our energy bill by heating with wood. There is a wood stove that seems to have been lightly used and kept in good shape, but when I removed the stove from the piping I realized that the liner going up the chimney is oval. I've never seen or heard of oval liners and the local stores don't carry oval brushes. Any tips on what I should be using to clean it?

Admittedly it was a bit tedious, but I bought a square chimney brush and then trimmed each bristle until it was exactly the right size oval for my duraliner. Poly bristles aren't hard to cut with a pair of diagonal cutters. It was a rainy day / I can't be outside / time passing project.

Status
Not open for further replies.