Coffee or morning fire - which to get going first?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NHFarmer said:
I have no choice Fire has to come first

That makes 2 out of 3 pages worth of posts!

pen

Have to let the dogs out first or I am in trouble.

Turn heat on under tea pot - just drink hot water these days. Too much coffee did my poor stomach and nerves in years and years ago..... :ahhh:

Get kindling when I let the dogs in.

Start fire while dogs eat and water heats up.

Relax with a big cup of hot water as breakfast heats up and the fire takes off. :)

Get fire going. Shower. Check said fire. Brush teeth. Check fire again. Explain to 9 year old what to look for and do. Blow snow out of the driveway if needed. Head out for my morning Coke. I'm a Coke snob and it has to come from the fountain at 7-11.

Start up the fire, prep the French Press coffeemaker, wait 4 minutes, pour my cup, walk back over to the stove to adjust. (this is weekends only)

Stove first. We have no where to rush off to in the morning so I like to get the work done then relax with my coffee.

Man that's a cool stove. I just love the classics.

NHFarmer said:
I have no choice Fire has to come first

as others said coffee pot is on a timer although so is my cat - he wakes me up at 5:30 feed them, let him out, coffee starts to grind / brew. stir coals, toss on some kndling - grab a cup - log into hearth.com to see if there's some new better way to operate my stove - walk to my back room with coffee in hand and stare at my wood pile

Coffee only. The wife gets up 3 hrs before me so she loads the stove.

Nice to have the choice! I drink coffe to stay up, just to feed the stove! Hopin' to get the Boss to get me a BKK, just to remain cognizant during business hours.

I have to confess - I had to get up at 5am this morning :sick: But it was planed! I had to leave for a 400 mile P/U / Delivery this morning. Coffee was on a timer and ready when I got up, got coffee went to stove loaded up by 5:30 am, had 2nd cup of coffee, got showered and had another cup while I turned the air down to 2. Did my Delivery and came home. Checked the stove at 3 PM and still had over half the box full. Checked the stove again at 11:30pm and still had enough hot coals (still in log form no less) to last till at least 4 am but decided to load up anyway.

Wow 18 hours with the potential for over 20. It was warm today though it got up to about 47 degrees. ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.