Cooking on the wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We tried this and found that direct contact with the coals and the pizza stone burnt the crust. Better to let the coals burn down then insert a couple bricks several inches apart and set the pizza stone on top of the bricks. It'll be hot inside the stove so watch the pizza closely. You may need to rotate it once for even baking. Ours cooked up the pie in 2 minutes.

I never thought of that before. Now that you mention it I was thinking I will start with a clean stove and build a fire in the back and allow it to heat up just like a regular brick oven would heat up, I guess? That sounds cool.

Been a while since I posted lol. Newest addition for my Englander Madison is a glass stovetop percolator. I think I underestimated the strength and maybe left it on a hair too long because man this Jasmine green tea is strong! It just came in the mail, and the stove was lit. I figured tea would be a nice test since its too late in the evening here for coffee. Well, I guess tomorrow morning I'll see how strong i can brew my Java lol. It's been forever since I've had a percolated cup!

Oh and the other pot is a type of ramen with egg. Next to it is my big ol pot of water for humidity ( with cinnamon and apple wedges for scent ).

2nd year heating with wood and still Loving it. It seems to get easier the more I use it :)

20171113_195625.jpg
20171113_195632.jpg
20171113_195638.jpg
20171113_195749.jpg
1510460693450.jpg
tapatalk_1479256589622.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: VirginiaIron
Oh and the other pot is a type of ramen with egg.

Kind of wish I had read that BEFORE I looked at the pic... I didn't know WHAT the heck was going on in that pot, but it's a little scary looking when left to the imagination.

Reactions: WayneN
Been a while since I posted lol. Newest addition for my Englander Madison is a glass stovetop percolator. I think I underestimated the strength and maybe left it on a hair too long because man this Jasmine green tea is strong! It just came in the mail, and the stove was lit. I figured tea would be a nice test since its too late in the evening here for coffee. Well, I guess tomorrow morning I'll see how strong i can brew my Java lol. It's been forever since I've had a percolated cup!

Oh and the other pot is a type of ramen with egg. Next to it is my big ol pot of water for humidity ( with cinnamon and apple wedges for scent ).

2nd year heating with wood and still Loving it. It seems to get easier the more I use it :)

View attachment 215792View attachment 215793View attachment 215794View attachment 215795View attachment 215796View attachment 215797

Your in fire [emoji91] tonight [emoji106]

This is tonight.

Here's baked potatoes ( olive oil drizzled and sea salt ), plain roasted eggplant ( not sealed on the ends ), and roasted baby Bella mushrooms in olive oil and Himalayan pink sea salt :)

Also not pictured after the mushrooms finished, I did a Thai chicken Satay grilled inside. Forgot to snap a photo but I have 2 of those tins the mushrooms were in. The chicken was boneless chicken breast cut into strips and marinated. Yummy.

Why use the electric stove / oven if I don't have to right?

Plus I'm cooking on sugar maple.... Should add a nice smoked flavor to the eggplant and mushrooms :)

I use the front fire brick as a nice ledge to cook on. Works out great. I bought a few small loaf pans and use those to bake / roast in. Food comes out amazing every time!

View attachment 216016

Reactions: VirginiaIron
Yummy. The second best thing might be the aroma making its way Outdoors. I remember when I was growing up they were very few houses that used wood heat or supplemental wood Heat. M ost of the heating fuel was oilor propane. Mom and dad installed a wood stove and mom would cook a lot of things on the wood stove and when I would get off the bus I could smell the food in the air probably from a quarter mile away.