Countryside Burn Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyShea

Dec 5, 2013
Peyton, CO
I just purchased a new home that has a Countryside Pellet Stove. I cleaned everything out and fired it up. It burned great with a handful of pellets, but it doesn't seem to be feeding enough pellets to keep the fire burning. It has a very low flame and very few pellets in the burn pot.

Needless to say, it doesn't put out great heat and the glass get's covered in ash very quickly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

First thing is to take out the auger and that's very simple on the 3500. Empty the hopper, and take a piers and pull the auger out from the front. May be as simple as something on the auger not allowing flow of fuel. If that is good then maybe the motor gearbox is weak.

Welcome to the Forum! I am sure you will get this problem taken care of quickly! There is a lot of talent here. I would start by giving us the model of the stove and the year, if possible. The more detail you can give, the better we can understand the problem.

Have you ever owned a pellet stove before?

There will be a lot of questions asked which may not seem related to your problem but it all matters.

Thanks for the replies.. It turns out that the thermostat jumper on the control board was missing. This caused the timing for the auger to not function correctly. No matter what setting the heat was set to, the auger would only run every 20 seconds or so. After I replaced the jumper all the settings function as they should.

Thanks again
-Bobby

Reactions: briansol
Glad you found that! Great news.

Make sure the insides are cleaned too. You don't know when the previous owner gave it a full once-over.

Clean the pipes, motors/blowers real good and the flu passages.

Status
Not open for further replies.