Couple questions for you guys

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KYrob

Jan 8, 2010
KY
Just wondering where I should take the temp of my stove with my IR gun to get most accurate reading. Guess you know the thing is double walled so wondering where would be best. Also, using a scale of 0 to 100 %, about how much do you shut your stove/insert down at night.

Thanks,
Rob

I have an insert.

The temp is taken on the side of the insert above the fire brick but below the secondary air channels on my Englander 13nci. I have seen temp around 650 in this area.

I close my modified air damper down to almost closed after I have coals or leave one inch from closed with logs left to burn. If I close all the way I will have charcoal in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.