Crazy, crazy weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burned more wood than I thought I would in October, so far none in November. Since a bunch of my wood is not as seasoned as I would like, this low humidity, warm weather is great.

mike1234 said:
Burned more wood than I thought I would in October, so far none in November. Since a bunch of my wood is not as seasoned as I would like, this low humidity, warm weather is great.

I hear ya' on that. Did the same, mostly pine and some soft maple. Figured I'd use about a face, but went through 2. Saving the oak for the COLD weather. It was 66 here today. This time last year, we were getting enough snow to need the plow. Yep, crazy.
Nothing wrong with the firewood, just the weather.

Dave

Same warm weather over this way along with those stupid bugs. They love to huddle together in the wood piles so you have to brush each split off or you bring them into the house.

I waited until November to insulate my attic - figures that today it was 80 degrees up there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.