Creative Palletes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search on Pinterest for pallets, there's tons of ideas like that. I've seen the outdoor furniture idea before, I might do that someday after my current furniture dies. This one isn't as cool looking, but after building a set of shelves in my basement using 2x4's and plywood, I decided to make 2 more sets out of pallets. On one set I bought 2x4's for the legs, for the other 2 sets I took apart some other pallets and used the stringers as the legs, bringing the cost down to just the screws I used to hold them together.

autocompress1391535519543_zps877d790d.jpg

That is some pretty cool stuff. I don't know if I have ever posted it, but I used reclaimed pallet material (custom pallets for specialized stuff for work). Ran them through my planner to make the uprights (columns) in my cabin.
100_1232.jpg

The original beam was wrapped and the uprights (there are two in that room) were all reclaimed pallet material.

Reactions: bassJAM
Very nice. I'll bet you were super careful about pulling nails.

Very nice. I'll bet you were super careful about pulling nails.
Yep, but it was pretty easy. They were all uniformly nailed in 3 places, two nails each (total of 6 nails). I even left the rough edges for the "rustic" effect. It is all but indistinguishable from the knotty pine ceiling. Trim pieces were cut from the same reclaimed lumber, as well.

We have a local steel fab place that gets raw material in on custom size pallets- lots of 2x4x8' hardwood in there- I've torn many of these down and built a lots of shelves, etc. most recently was my arch form.

I thought that from might be pallet wood. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.