Decisions, decisions.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elle

Burning Hunk
Apr 20, 2012
North East Pennsylvania
Kitty cat can't decide which spot she likes the best...

negra2_zpsb0a89aab.jpg

negra_zps28e01730.jpg

negra1_zps54f40b84.jpg

so far it seems like right behind the stove is the winner. :)

My animals can't seem to get enough either. They love when this time of the year rolls around.

I thought the dog would be all over the stove, but he doesn't seem to like the heat too much. I think he would rather live in a meat locker, lol. I have two other cats that aren't impressed with the stove, but the black on loves it.

I haven't fired up the big Jotul F600 yet this season, rather I have been lighting up the old Woodstock Classic in our lower level just to take the chill off. Nonetheless, one of our cats has started sleeping on the hearth rug in front of the Jotul staking out his position for when it gets fired up! We have two cats and two dogs, so he want's to let everyone know he's got dibs on that choice spot once the heat starts flowing!

Put a nice cushion, a little rug or a cat bed on the side of the hearth and she'll be parked there all winter.

Reactions: Elle
I thought the dog would be all over the stove, but he doesn't seem to like the heat too much. I think he would rather live in a meat locker, lol. I have two other cats that aren't impressed with the stove, but the black on loves it.

Our newf is the same way - curls up out in the snow. Stays in the basement most of the summer. Good thing the far corners of the place stay a bit colder in the wintertime. My golden on the other hand used crash right in front of the old stove for hours - favorite spot after a good romp out in the sticks.

Our dog used to HATE the stove. She gave it the "eye" and went out to the kitchen, as far away from it as she could get. By last year she loved it, and this year she will lay in front of it if it's even as "cold"a s 70 in the house and sigh...waiting for it to "come on" (like our old DV would). She became a heat sponge at some point, although she hates it when it's over 80 in the summer (we don't have AC) and mopes about.

Murphy LOVES the PE, loves it, loves it, loves it.

20131013_185411.jpg

Awaiting to see how Mr. Leo warms up to it !!

you can see on my prof pic what the dogs like to do. There are even times when they arent there I lay in front of it myself. By the time I wake up I have one on either side of me. Animals love the stove heat

Reactions: bag of hammers
Status
Not open for further replies.