Did the price on englanders just go up?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I mean...a triaxle. I'm not up on truck lingo. :)

Since you're pretty close to me...any reccomendations?

Out west our log trucks are 18 wheelers. Those triaxles are cute if your logs are all little and you're selling banana cords.

I do not really have anyone to recommend at this time. like I said my old guy is getting ready to retire so hes getting to the point where if hes not getting top dollar hes not to interested anymore. his price has risen 200 dollars in 2 years. the last 2 years I went with someone else. last year I got 2 loads
1 was kleis good full load price was a little high but service sucked .he would promise delivery so I would skip out on the overtime sign up for that weekend and try to get it set up so my dad could come over and help buck and my son could help with the stacking since I was working a lot of ot and wanted to get the whole load done in 1 weekend. the week would go by and he never made the delivery. so not only did my family arrange their schedules for the weekend but I would miss out on the weekend overtime. he did this with me 2 weekends in a row
so the second load I went with millers great service, quick delivery, fair price nice full load ect. called this year to find out since his dad died hes been spending a lot more time in the mill and not doing firewood anymore.
so I tried GOTWOOD this year was fine to deal with price was ok but load was short.

location makes a big difference as most of them out there with the grapple trucks are making their real money off the mill logs so when it comes to the firewood if they can sell a load without traveling to far its a little gravy. but they don't want to go very far out of their way since they don't make nearly as much off the firewood. I know of a cpl who have bought firewood processors and have raised the log prices up as they want to cut and split it all and pay for their processors and support equip and make more per cord for the split stacked stuff. so they raised their prices up high enough they don't care if they sell loads of logs or not. but then the other guys hear what they charge for a load and raise their prices. which area of syr are you in? im 30 minutes north of the city in Oswego county but work in solvay.

next year I probably will not be ordering any as I found a cpl craigslist free scores one was small stuff 4 inch diam average about 2 1/2 fc cord. and another was a big 5 foot diameter maple I just finished stacking and got over 8 fc cord out of and that was without the butlog. if you don't mind handling them big 3 foot plus chunks it adds up quick. today im going to look at another big maple (probably 5 to 6 fc) that I spotted last night laying alongside a guys driveway looks like its been down a year or 2 no signs of anyone trimming or burning at the house so ill stop and ask. but keep your eyes open on cl. a cpl years ago I got about 4 fc off a guy split stacked and dried because he was moving and the new buyers didn't want the woodstove and wanted the yard "cleaned up" .

with the old owb I was burning a lot more wood a cpl years I burned exclusively free wood mostly huge maple yard trees. but most of the years I ordered a load of logs and supplemented with scrounged wood.

That is a great deal of firewood. Do you process and sell or have multiple buildings to heat?

I'm south of Syracuse on the Jamesville Pompey line. 5 min north of rt20.

I also work in Solvay.

Out west our log trucks are 18 wheelers. Those triaxles are cute if your logs are all little and you're selling banana cords.
East coast logs generally aren't being loaded into ships bound for China .

East coast logs generally aren't being loaded into ships bound for China .

No, they are being made into pellets headed for European power plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.