Disable Versa Grate system on St. Croix?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another update. I got my replacement versa grate motor. It's definately a little different model than the original that's in my stove. But before I put the new in, I felt a little frisky, so I took the original noisy motor out and did some messing around. I took out the 2 screws that hold the motor onto the mount, and took the roller out. I lubed up everything in the motor with high temp lube (the copper stuff). Put it all back together and now the thing is silent :) So for now, I'm keeping the replacement in storage incase the orignal motor really fails. This worked out great. I did notice that depending on the type of pellet, the burn definately wasn't as good as it was with the versa grate running. It definately keeps the maintenance down when the grate is running. It works fine without the grate, but I figure the less maintenance, the better.

So if any of you are considering doing this, it's very simple. The motor is very basic. I don't consider myself very mechanical, but this couldn't be much easier.

Glad it all worked out for you. I never reconnected mine
and have had zero problems. Stove runs every night - overnight on #2,
burnpot isn't even close to half full in the morning.
It's working out well for me without the versa grate so
one less mechanical part in there is fine with me.
Happy burning!

Status
Not open for further replies.