Donor Program Installation Two Complete!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corie

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
Camp Hill, PA
Hogz came back down last night, crashed at our place and we got back on the job (Late, because of me!) today. Finished her up, lit a fire and called it a day. The pictures tell the story better than I can anyway.

Attachments

• Diane 2.jpg
    Diane 2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 407
  • Diane 1.jpg
    Diane 1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 406
That last picture of the chimney shows the proximity to the power lines that Rob was working with. Scary stuff!

Attachments

• Diane 5.jpg
    Diane 5.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 360
  • Diane 3.jpg
    Diane 3.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 364
You guys rock! That is way above the call of duty. I'm used to working with electricity and that would have had my knees knocking.

Corie I am planning to do a stove swap out instalation next week using the Century FW2700 is that the weekend you are going to Reno?

I have to go back and push the post forward as no one expressed any interest in participation.

Corie said:
Hogz came back down last night, crashed at our place and we got back on the job (Late, because of me!) today. Finished her up, lit a fire and called it a day. The pictures tell the story better than I can anyway.

What moron worked around that crap? Musta been some dumb Neanderthal :)

Go ahead Corie, tell them about my Mechanical Engineer Diploma worthy rear shield fix :)

Hogz your spirit is admirable. You've done well man.

Thanks BG, just getting the job done.

Ask Corie what the circled areas in the photos are for :)

Attachments

• back rods.jpg
    back rods.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 344
LMFAO, just so you know, rained from Allentown to home, Route 81 was stopped dead due to accident, went about 40 miles out of the way, and top & bottom sheets of Micore got a lil wet. The inner two seem fine. and looks like the micore was only wet on the surface & the bottom surface of the bottom board. Gets all clay like when wet LOL. Meaning the surface was like clayish. Good job on the stove & pipe, I won't keep on about the shield LOL. But I gotta say it looks real nice, esp, with those two chrome rods all nice & even out the back :) LOL So easy........... even a Neanderthal can do it ;)

haha!

So even though they got wet, they didn't end up ruined right?

I hope they work out good for you. I couldn't believe that whole sheet of micore was only $22.

I think they will be just fine, didn't fall apart in my hands, just the surface was wet. Actually wasn't really getting wet while doing 80 up the TP. Was when I got off 81 and stopped at McDonalds, and that drive thru went slower than 81 was moving. Mc D's two nights in a row, I'll be paying for that :) And so will everyone in the house.
Thanks for the hospitality btw, and tell the lil woman thanks also. You two were kind hosts.

Anytime man, you know that.

Sorry you don't like my beer though. I'll make sure I have some Pabst Blue Ribbon on hand next time you come.

Yuppie p-ssy beer ;) I'll bring the Vodka next time & Milwaukees Best LMAO

St Pauli Girl dark!

BeGreen said:
St Pauli Girl dark!

Having one right now :) AIn't NO mistaking this for teehee teeheee Yeungling gag

Man this REAL beer is very very tasty :)

haha I just put back of few of those wussy beers you speak of.

Also, I had a fresh bottle of Vodka here, but I didn't know that was your thing.

Great work guys :exclaim:

Kudos to both of ya fellows. Super installation and a really good deed. Just thinking about installing that pipe is downright scary!

Now, I know of this needy old guy down in Virginia...

BrotherBart said:
Kudos to both of ya fellows. Super installation and a really good deed. Just thinking about installing that pipe is downright scary!
Now, I know of this needy old guy down in Virginia...

The piping was scary in the back. The clearance to those wires is done no justice in the pic. I actually did tap the wires a couple times, just not both at the same time.
The windows helped alot, and it took both of us to do it as safe as the situation allowed. My worst concern was the middle wall bracket could not be reached from either window to fasten the left side facing the bracket. So we set the ladder up out back and had to shoot high above the wires and set out to clear them. This worried me more that the working under & behind the wires. The ladder did flex some, but was still a foot or so away from the wires. Just scary when you go up and are not sure just how much that ladder will flex. Turned out good, everyone came home with all their limbs & digits. And job turned out very well for what needed to be done. Wasn't exactly what I wanted to do, but was the only way to do it with the resources we had.

LMAO, His name doesn't begin with B and end in B does it? :)
Virginny aint so far. But ya gots to fire up that double VG barrel smoker :)

Awesome job! You all definitely went over and above on this one :cheese:

Excellent job guys!!!!

Lets hear the story on the "circled" items!!!!! (BTW - I think they are in the wrong place.... unless are they sticking up a little bit because of the rear heat shield?

Also.... what's sitting there on the warming rack...... hope that nothing combustilbe!!!

Congrats again.

Have fun in Reno, Corie, and Hogz.... I still think you should have run the new plow rig down the highway :ahhh:

Status
Not open for further replies.