Door gasket #4 LMAO

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Welp, I was still having problems with the damn door gasket.
I tore the 3/4" sucker off and put a 1" mother on there.
The size from factory is indeed 7/8". Whoever said that, your right and thanks.
But no one local has them. Only up to 3/4" then to 1". No 7/8' anywhere here.
Wanted to get it done, so paid the $27.00 and done. Will test tomorrow.
Seen a few online, but I want to be burning again tomorrow evening.
BTW, that 1" is huge! I had to adjust tab out pretty far to get the door to shut.
Once the gasket settles in, it should be good to go. I'll order a couple 7/8" for the future and have them on hand if/when needed.
Since the gasket is so wide, I zig zagged the silicone this time. Thanks to a tip from Tom O, thanks Tom.

$27 bucks for a door gasket? Yikes! :grrr:

Your telling me. The 1" stuff is almost double what I paid for the 3/4".
Which is about double the 5/8".
The 1" stuff is wild. Has an outer rope gasket with an inner inside it. 2....2......2 gaskets in one ;)

You're a patient man Hog, I would have been fuming by now.

I love my insert. It heats the whole place well. And if I have to traial and error a few things, then so be it.
If it was something major, I would be exploding. But a few door gaskets, ah no biggie. Just fine tuning her now.
Next test burn 18 hrs and counting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.