Duct work for double walled pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Well judging by the crap running outside don't shut it back any more that will make it worse

The hotter the fire the less black stuff that will come out of the wood? I’ve noticed when I’m at 4-500 it burns completely clean.

Pretty sure that's automotive exhaust pipe in some of those pictures...installed upside down.

Reactions: blacktail
Ya the 90s are stainless steel exhaust pipe high temp no chemical exhaust once heated up.

It’s because of you guys that my setup went from this
C2C8CA08-24C4-4A4F-BCED-38C5B103393E.jpeg

To this:

BF6040BE-915B-4B0F-9082-1165768FA4FD.png

I have it almost to the roof line I might add one more pipe and see if she draws better. I don’t want it to smoke when I open the door.
I didn’t want to weld the pipes together and they didn’t fit each other so I bought hose clamps and pieces of sheet metal and clamped together the joints!!!! It works perfect.

I think I’ve said this before but thank you all very much for your time and answers, it helped me out a lot to build a somewhat safe and almost perfectly functioning wood stove.

Reactions: BoilerBob
Try and put some supports or guy wires to hold the high extension in place. You don't want it to blow/fall over when hot or come apart and then burn up your fence.

I need to do a better job at supporting the bottom since my chimney is a lot heavier now. Every time I think I’m finished I have another problem to solve. I just had a fire for prob 3-4 hours and it draws pretty good. Still getting back smoke but less than before.

82BDB585-F2CD-4BB7-98BE-FA0935FCD541.jpeg

The pipe is above my roof line and I’m getting back smoke once I open the door fully. I thought that if I put the pipe higher than my roof that the smoke wouldn’t come back into the shed but it does. I really have no idea what to do to get the smoke from coming back into the shed

18DB19E3-EB12-4568-ABDA-52CDCAE74876.jpeg

Reactions: blacktail