Ebay Stove is this a Quad???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bet it's a Chinese knock-off of a stove assembled with Chinese parts... not passing judgement I'm just observing...

definately something going on here I would say. Why the different photos is it free standing or insert, and shows different free standing stoves ( the hearths are different in photos. Single photo of burn pot doesnt appear to be same as in my AE, mine is square while apron of this burn pot is round.

smwilliamson said:
......Just called him, he asked if I was working for anyone....hmmm........

So, you had him on the phone....did you come out & ask him if it was a real Quad? IMO, it should have resulted in a simple Yes or No answer.

excert from item description... "The frame was made in Europe using premium quality steel to replicate the famed colonial American look of crossing bar patterns. They are shipped to our manufacturing facility in the U.S. where they are meticulously assembled, combining their unique beauty with the highest American techology made."

somthing doesnt sound quite right for it to be a quad based on that statement

stoveguy2esw said:
excert from item description... "The frame was made in Europe using premium quality steel to replicate the famed colonial American look of crossing bar patterns. They are shipped to our manufacturing facility in the U.S. where they are meticulously assembled, combining their unique beauty with the highest American techology made."

somthing doesnt sound quite right for it to be a quad based on that statement

Unless you read Quad's ad text for the Castile:

"Traditional Cast-Iron Beauty. The body panels of the Castile begin life in Europe where they are cast with precision and care using premium quality iron, each produced with an eye for functional and decorative detail. They are then shipped to our manufacturing facility in Colville, Washington, where they are meticulously assembled, combining their unique beauty with our advanced Quadra-Fire technology. "

The guy is trying to get around Hearth and Home's policy against dealers selling online.

imacman said:
smwilliamson said:
......Just called him, he asked if I was working for anyone....hmmm........

So, you had him on the phone....did you come out & ask him if it was a real Quad? IMO, it should have resulted in a simple Yes or No answer.

He wanted to know if I was a dealer....judging by the way this guy cannot answer any question straight I have to wonder...he did say that it was a Quad after 3 or 4 attempts at the same question

Status
Not open for further replies.