1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Echo choice cab50 thermostat

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Jarhead1229, Oct 11, 2012.

1. nikeseer

nikeseer Member

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    Like they've said the CAB50 is meant to cycle. I have a lux thermostat with a 2 degree swing that was reccommended to me here. Works great!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    Cycling saves pellets, believe me. Just don't get paranoid about the igniter, it's made to cycle.
  3. nikeseer

nikeseer Member

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    Not worried so much about that. Just finding now my happy spot with feed and setting. Watching how she's burning now. Little dark grey soot on the right back baffle. Even though I've cleaned her out completely so I believe it's the pellets. Will do a 25 bag clean out this week.
  4. Cab50guy

Cab50guy New Member

Loc:
    Canada
    Did you get this working? I would like to use a NEST as well, but I only have the 2 wires for Rh and W1. This runs the stove but it never cuts out. I think I might need a 'C' wire somehow.
  5. Skier76

Skier76 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT and SoVT
    I don't have a Nest, but a 3m-50 hooked up to my HVAC a system. I didn't have enough juice on my c wire. I hooked up an external transformer to run the t stat. I believe you can do that with a Nest. May want to do a little digging first; how much voltage you'll need and what brand people have used successfully.