Ecoteck Veronica

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

dean6333

Nov 3, 2013
Torrington CT
Hi folks. I need to adjust my stove settings and need the password to do so. So far I was able to use the password for the recipe from another Elena thread and it worked. But I need to adjust stove settings now. Problem I have is too many pellets in the burn pot at start up. Pellets falling out and way too much smoke!! If I remove 1/2 the pellets from the burn pot before the flame comes on it lights beautifully. My settings are:
PR02 min start 04
PR05 screw start 0.6"
PR34 screw start 1.8"

I have timed the start cycle and it takes about 4 minutes to fill the burn pot.
So I think maybe try changing PR02 min start =02

My stove was a floor model and I just picked it up this year from a stove shop.

Thanks for your help.
Dean

Last edited:
The Password for changing the "Default Menu" parameters is A9.

During the ignition phase, the folowing parameters are applicable :

PR1 is the the time in minutes before the "No Flame Start" alarm is triggered. (My Elena value = 18 minutes)

PR32 is the max auger run-time duration, in minutes. This time period begins when the combustion blower starts (when the ignitor preheat period ends). (My Elena value = 4 minutes)

PR34 is the auger On-Time (length of each auger motor On-time pulse), seconds, during the start-up loading of the burn pot. (My value = 2.5 seconds)

PR31 is the time the ignitor is activited till the combustion blower starts (preheat), seconds. This time period begins when the stove is turned-on. (My value = 140 seconds)

So, PR 32 and PR 34 control the max volume of pellets loaded into the burn-pot during the ignition phase.

PR2 and PR5 are control parameters that comes into play AFTER the flame is detected : I would not change them.

Are your pellets smaller than "normal", causing too much to be loaded? Or the pellets are too damp, causing a longer time till they light.

If you send me your email address thru the private conversation message feature of this forum, I can send you a copy of the Factory Service Manual for the stove.

Which dealer in NJ did you buy the stove from?

Last edited:
Hello, Thanks for your help.

My pellets are Hamers hot ones super premium grade, that's also what the dealer said he used. They are new, dry, just opened and are correct size.

My stove settings are:
PR31 preheat candle is 250"
PR32 max load screw is 03'
PR34 screw start 1.8"

PR01 min time out is set to 25'

I sent the other info via Conversation.

Thanks again,
Dean

Do your pellets actually overflow the burn-pot?

I would first try reducing PR31 to 140.
See how that works. I am not sure why Ecoteck sets this so long (even 140 seconds seems like a long preheat period.....I would think too long a preheat will shorten the life of the ignitor).

If that dosn't work, try reducing PR34 from 1.8 to 1.0 .

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I think I have the same issue. I recently bought a house with an Ecoteck Laura installed by the previous owner. I believe the Laura is basically the same as the Veronica besides the majolica tiles. I've fired it up a few times now and it runs great but I've been getting a lot of smoke at start up. The very first time I ever started it up I had no issues with excessive smoke and the pot was probably filled about halfway, but I'm thinking that may have been because I didn't prime the auger with pellets so there were less in the pot the first time. Everytime since the pot fills all the way up and I see a ton of smoke before it ignites.
My settings are:
PR1 - 18'
PR31 - 140"
PR32 - 04'
PR34 - 2.3"

dean did you find a sweet spot for the start up settings?

Pelleting in NJ - is it possible to send me the manual too? I've read some of your other posts and I'd like to make sure all my settings are good since they were in place before I moved in. I might want to tone down the power 1 settings since the room where the stove is installed gets over 80 and rest of the house 75 with the temp set low and stays there in modulation mode. NIce and toasty but maybe a little too warm.

Thanks

I have set as follows;

Pr1 is 18
Pr5 is 1.2, auger on time at fire on
Pr31 is 140
Pr 32 is 04
Pr34 is 1.0 screw start, this is the auger on time in seconds during the filling pot phase when you first start the stove.

I also set the recipe for a short horizontal pipe.

Unit is running much better now.
So far we love our stove!

Thanks Dean. I changed PR34 from 2.3 to 1.5 since I didn't want to drop it too much at first. That definitely made a difference, a lot less pellets and smoke at start up, but I will probably decrease it a little more. Very glad to have my stove when it is freezing in NE like it is today!

NH Pitts : use the "Conversation" feature of this forum to send me your email address, so I can send you the service manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.