Enamel Paint(problems) Jotul F 500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sweet! I'm putting my next stove in my bathroom so I can reload while sitting on the throne. :cheese:

Blue Vomit said:
sweet! I'm putting my next stove in my bathroom so I can reload while sitting on the throne. :cheese:

What are you talking about that's a soaptone tile hearth, I wouldn't waste that expenseve tile on a bathroom.

I don't sit on the throne long enough to wait for adding wood to a fire either.

cptoneleg said:
Blue Vomit said:

What are you talking about that's a soaptone tile hearth, I wouldn't waste that expenseve tile on a bathroom.

Not a dig on you at all Capt. I like the look a lot. Just havin a little fun.

Blue Vomit said:
cptoneleg said:
Blue Vomit said:

Not a dig on you at all Capt. I like the look a lot. Just havin a little fun.

I know no problem I hope I like the Blue-Black The flash on my camera really does not do this stove justice, shes a real looker :bug:

Good deal!!!

cptoneleg said:
My wife said I don't care what color as long as it heats like that one. I assured her the heat would be the same.

Thanks to everyone on this site, for advice on this issue and others.

Well I already miss my little green stove,

And these are the folks that were very nice and worked with me on this The Stop Winchester Va.

Good news on the Jotul. I think they make a super, dead solid woodstove!

I cringe when I see that soapstone setting on top of your old stove - are you going to use it on the new one? Does it scratch the paint?

Good luck,
Bill

cringe??? Whats that? Yes I will use the soapstone tile, It keeps cast iron pot from scratching stove and keeps it from boiling over, the whole hearth is made of soapstone. You see I nearly bought a soapstone stove. The entire hearth warms up and helps heat things up. I wouln't do anything different.

Thanks

cptoneleg said:
cringe??? Whats that? Yes I will use the soapstone tile, It keeps cast iron pot from scratching stove and keeps it from boiling over, the whole hearth is made of soapstone. You see I nearly bought a soapstone stove. The entire hearth warms up and helps heat things up. I wouln't do anything different.

Thanks

At first glance, I wondered/cringed that maybe the soapstone might scratch the stove enamel, but you answered my question.

I've got a piece of soapstone I may put on the Englander for a steamer pot like you are doing on your Jotul.

Thanks!
Bill

Well this is the end of this story, here is the new BB stove ready for breakin fires.

Thanks All

Attachments

• SDC10312.jpg
    SDC10312.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 310
Yeah, that B/B is quite nice. It matchs the tile nicely. It is very easy on the eyes and easy to clean too. It looks like a good ending to a frustrating story.

cptoneleg said:
Well this is the end of this story, here is the new BB stove ready for breakin fires.

Thanks All

Looks good, glad they came through for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.