Englander 25-PAH vs 25-EP vs 10-CPM

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alltherage

Jan 12, 2012
chautauqua County, NY
Englander owners...what say you...which one is best in terms of relibability and ease of use

I think PAH is the best value from what i've read...big hopper but maybe not the best looks.

I have a 10-cpm. Never used any of the others, so can't comment on experience from them.

A few thoughts. The multi fuel capability of the 10-cpm is nice to have. I don't plan on burning corn or cherry pits, but it's nice to know its there if pellets skyrocket. You do have to make sure you have the right venting. I think the 10-cpm also chews through bad pellets and handles ash a little better than the other stoves.

The 10-cpm is also rated for a higher sq ft, for what that's worth.

I'd love a bigger hopper on my 10-cpm. I have to keep a close eye on keeping the hopper full if I'm going to be gone for awhile. 120 lb hopper would be NICE, but I think most pellet-aholics keep the hopper pretty full most of the time anyway.

Hope that helps. How's the snow? I lived in Cheektowaga and worked in Hamburg for a few years. Miss the people, don't miss winter there.

yes, it would be nice to have the option...we're certainly in corn country, but who knows how fuel prices will go.

it's snowing and blowing as we speak...looking forward to getting on the tractor and plowing for once this year!

I don't think there's one of those that's easier to use than the other, as they all use the same control board. As mentioned above, the big hopper is a nice feature, but so is multi-fuel capability. If looks are the top concern, then the 10-cpm or 25-EP are the way to go.

Choice is really up to you.

If you make a decision, here's a great place to get one, either factory refurbished by Englander w/ full warranty (and save quite a bit of $$), or new....and they have free shipping. I bought my 10-cpm from them and they are great to do business with:

www.amfmenergy.com/manufacturer-refurbished-stoves.html

In reading reviews on HD and Lowes, it seems like people have really good success with the 10-CPM. The reviews on the 25-PAH and 25-EP are more mixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.