1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Englander 25-PDVC Smell

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Chris04626, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donkarlos

donkarlos New Member

Loc:
    MA
    default 6-4-1 and 1-2. ran it 3.5 hours and then 1 hour at 1-3. I did notice through paint/oil/metal smell, especially at first, but now it is a pellet smell but no visible smoke coming out anywhere. I probably could have run it hotter but seemed to be working at where I had it. the smell comes out of the room blower. almost tolerable but builds up in an hour. when the stove was on 3.5 hours I thought it had gone away almost.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    Run the stove on at least 5/5 to complete the burn off of the oils and paint. If after that smell is gone you're still smelling smoke you may need to silicone your pipes.
  3. donkarlos

donkarlos New Member

Loc:
    MA
    I did the black vent caulk in the pipes with a bead or so around inside each, so hopefully that was enough.
    I only burned about an eighth of a bag of pellets so maybe a third of a bag more on high (5) should do it u hope. I wonder how long it would take do do it if I just did it for a couple hours a day on regular lower heat...
  4. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    It sounds like your piping is good to go and shouldn't be leaking. As for burning the oils/paint off slowly, I would personally like to get that smell done and overwith as quickly as possible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.