Englander 25-PDVCH Help!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rfast25

Feb 9, 2014
vermont
1. stove's model number: 25-PDVCH
2. stove's manufacture date: 12/17/2013
3. stove's serial number: 120434
I bought this stove Friday night 2/7/14 8 pm. I had it all hooked up and in place by 9pm. I bought this stove to replace my old magnum pellet stove which had the combustion blower starting to go. So all my vents were already in place which made hooking it up really easy.
I read the operations manual and did the dry run. I did get the E-2 code fail to start. Then I added a bag of Lee energy solutions premium hardwood pellets. Turned it on, twenty mins later I got another E-2 code. I put the DVD into the DVD player and started to watch the video. I came to the conclusion that the igniter wasn't in place were it was suppose to be. So I took the back cover off and found it laying on the bottom of the pellet stove. I put it into place and tightened the set screw. tried turning it back on again. this time it light. I noticed right off that it was going to run better then my old stove. My old stove I had problems with the pellets not burning all the way in resulting with the ash pan filling up really quickly. Well the pellets in this stove burn so quickly that the auger cant keep enough pellets to the pan even on the highest heat settings (9 heat) (9 blower). The flame isn't lazy but it only reaches about a inch above the fire pot. My house is 1212 sq ft. I can’t get the temp in the house above 58 deg. It doesn’t throw hardly any heat.
I was reading peoples treads about the three buttons on the bottom of the control board, well mine are 4-6-1 and have a heat code of d. Well after 2 days of running the stove, I've cleaned out the stove 3 times with the ash vac and cleaned the glass 6 times cause of the black build up. and I have burnt 3 bags of pellets now with little to no heat to show for it. ( outside air temp has been between 10-20 deg). Over the next couple day the temp is suppose to drop more.

Set the lower 3 buttons to 6-4-1 (use the up / down buttons below the readout) from left to right and see how it runs.

LFF - 6

LBA - 4

AOT - 1

Is the "impingement plate" positioned correctly at the back of the fire box? (upright and locked position;lol)

Is the thermostat jumper in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.