Englander 30-NC vs. 30-NCH?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creek-Chub

Nov 13, 2007
Niles, MI
Is there a difference? Everything seems to be the same. Home depot offers the "30-NCH" online at what seems to be a pretty good price. Are they the same stove? HD has it for $1299 including shipping. I can live with the looks, the stove gets rave reviews from most folks on here, and from what I read it should give me a decent shot at keeping the furnace off most of the time. I modified the fireplace to fit the stove (had some height issues) finally and am ready to pull the trigger. The Jotuls and Oslo's certainly catch my eye, but they're not quite in the budget this year. Anyone else buying one of these from HD, or am I better served looking elsewhere? Thanks in advance...

Nick

It the same stove whether you buy it from HD, Lowes, or Englander. HD comes with a little trim kit. Look for the best deal unless you have an Englander dealer close. There are some guys here that work for Englander that can give you a hand with the new stove when you buy one

I have one and it is a great stove for the money. It is tough to "turn the stove down", burns really hot which isn't always a bad thing. I just need to tinker with it more at my Dad's cabin to get a longer burn. So far so good though

I think the last letter there signifies some sort of styling difference. My 30-NC is technically a 30-NCP (P for Pedestal). An NCL would have legs (I think). I'm not sure what the H is for.. maybe the Golden Eagle version. Isn't that the one BB has?

The Golden Eagle is a different stove that isn't made anymore. The NCH just means it is made for Home Depot with their trim package. Lots of Depot stuff has designations ending in "H" including chainsaws. The 30 model at Depot includes both legs and pedistal so that you can install it either way.

Thanks guys. When you factor in shipping, I can't really seem to find a better deal than the Home Depot one. No dealers near me that I'm aware of. All I could find was HD, Lowes, Ace Hardware, etc.

One question though: Anyone know if it is possible to remove the gold trim on the HD model? That doesn't really work with what we've got going on in the house. I'm sure I could just pry it off, but will it leave behind holes or anything? Just curious, as I haven't felt or touch one yet and will probably be ordering it online.

The trim just presses on. In fact the second time the door trim and top lip trim on mine popped off onto the hearth I just left it off.

Hello,
The Englander has been recommended to me, too. Could someone give me an idea on run times with a good load? Also, given the price, what will I get if I spend more for a stove and how much more would I need to move to the next level?

Thanks!

SML

Creek-Chub said:
Is there a difference? Everything seems to be the same. Home depot offers the "30-NCH" online at what seems to be a pretty good price. Are they the same stove? HD has it for $1299 including shipping. I can live with the looks, the stove gets rave reviews from most folks on here, and from what I read it should give me a decent shot at keeping the furnace off most of the time. I modified the fireplace to fit the stove (had some height issues) finally and am ready to pull the trigger. The Jotuls and Oslo's certainly catch my eye, but they're not quite in the budget this year. Anyone else buying one of these from HD, or am I better served looking elsewhere? Thanks in advance...

Nick

They're a lot cheaper in the store itself. HD prices online are a couple hundred more than the in-store prices. I bought the add-on furnace at HD and noticed the price difference on all their stoves.

Agreed, the prices in-store are much cheaper then online. Just bought the Englander 30-nch in-store for $999.00 with taxes and delivery I paid $1200.00 (delivery fee was high $120 because the Home Depot is on the other side of the lake and requires a ferry trip over, but well worth the $120 fee).

Status
Not open for further replies.