englander 30 nc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't mind me asking, what did the TN run you? They were locally selling for 900 for a dealer floor model. I imagine the new ones were 1100 or so. Anything overly annoy you about the stove yet?

If you don't mind me asking, what did the TN run you? They were locally selling for 900 for a dealer floor model. I imagine the new ones were 1100 or so. Anything overly annoy you about the stove yet?
$1,024 with legs and no blower.
So far it's a fairly boring, unquirky, easy to use heater.
With the side and back shields most of the heat rises off the top and off the glass door.

and likely "overnite burns" as well.

I'm getting " overnites" loading good hard well seasoned red oak into a brandie new True North TN19 (1.9 cu ft ) loading full at 8PM and finding coals to get a fire going at 7AM. Certainly not big coals 11 hours later but they'll ignite paper /or chipboard. Stove is no longer "hot" but not stone cold either.
went to there site looks like a very nice stove.

Almost bought a stove from TSC last Spring for this location.They didn't have the model again this Fall.
Decided N/S loading might be nicer and this was for a basement foot-of-the -stairs location otherwise the more traditional looking US Stove might be here.

Post on performance on that US stove when you've used it more under different weather conditions.

bought the us 2000, well built started breaking it in today easy to start and adjust.
Good choice for a small space. I have one and it works great. Im using it in an apartment im rehabbing, but plan to buy another for a cabin im rebuilding in the woods. Pretty good for quick heat ,something that it does resonably well for an EPA stove.

Good choice for a small space. I have one and it works great. Im using it in an apartment im rehabbing, but plan to buy another for a cabin im rebuilding in the woods. Pretty good for quick heat ,something that it does resonably well for an EPA stove.
what burn time does it get?

what burn time does it get?
Thats a good question as im not around it long enough to find out. I dont live where i use the stove. I fill and start the stove do my work and go home. Its usually about 18 - 22 hours before im back again. Also i use mostly pine which does not make for a long burn but does make for some quick heat. Eventually i will spend the night in this Apt im rehabbing, so ill get abetter idea if overnight burns are possible.Let me know what your experience is with it for overnight.

Thats a good question as im not around it long enough to find out. I dont live where i use the stove. I fill and start the stove do my work and go home. Its usually about 18 - 22 hours before im back again. Also i use mostly pine which does not make for a long burn but does make for some quick heat. Eventually i will spend the night in this Apt im rehabbing, so ill get abetter idea if overnight burns are possible.Let me know what your experience is with it for overnight.
i will find out next week deer season starts in pa.

My guess is an overnight burn is asking for a lot from any 2 CU ft Stove.

Reactions: Highbeam

I agree. After running a 2.3 CF and barely making it overnight for all of those years I am happy to report that bigger stoves, cat stoves especially, easily make it overnight with no special efforts. It is a nice experience.

My NC30 has really surprised me a time or two by making it over 20 hours and restarting the next fire from coals. Stove was cold but enough coals for restart.

Depending on how one defines "overnite ", I'm getting 10 and 11 hours out of a new True North TN19 tossing good sized chunks of nice dry red oak and having enough coals in the AM to put a half dozen half inch pine sticks in and a couple small splits of pine, turn the lever to "boost" and in 15 minutes I've got a hot stove top again.
There is NOT a lot of heat coming out of those few AM coals but they are there and no paper is needed.
Kinda wish I bought a bigger stove but this is a nice N/S 1.9 cu ft heater.

Reactions: Tyler
hi everyone, new to the forum i wound like to know if i could use the englander 30nc to heat 1000sf , i know its not a big space but i want a over nite burn, thanks for any info.
I bought the Country Hearth 2000 from tractor supply on sale at the end of last winter. I replaced a Grandma Fisher in my garage with it. "Was tired of the dirty burn and so much smoke". My garage is about 800 square feet and pretty drafty with insulation overhead only. I like the Country Hearth ok but I miss the brute force heat of the old Granny Fish.

The C H 2000 is a great looking and good working stove. It burns clean and I do get some overnight burns if their is a lot of coals and using good dry hardwood. The ash drawer is nice. The glass stays clean. I would say you would be happy with it if your house isn't to drafty and fairly well insulated, especially for the price.

Before I started reading this thread I had been thinking of how I would like to try an NC30. I feel like in my garage I would get back a lot of the brute force heat I use to get with the Grandma and I wouldn't have to run it so hot like I have been doing with the CH to keep up during real cold snaps like we've had this past week. Of course in a garage you are qwite often starting from cold turkey which is harder to achieve with a smaller stove. Just my.02

Not for me. But, as has been said, it depends on what you mean by burn time. If overnight is 8 hours, I can get that with decent heat still coming from the stove (maybe 200F) with alder and fir. I've had enough coals to start a new fire (stove pretty cool) after 11 hours. But so much depends on the wood and technique.

Last edited:
Of course in a garage you are qwite often starting from cold turkey which is harder to achieve with a smaller stove. Just my.02
Bingo, threres a very BIG difference in continually heating a space and going into say a garage when its 35-40 deg everything in there is ice cold and trying to get the space comfortable. Even after you manage to get the air temp up it will be hours and hours before everything else warms up .Problem is by that time the occupants are likely long gone.

I have a 30 in my workshop. Uninsulated with cement walls. It does a good job considering but i dont expect miracles when its 35 degrees in there. Unless ill be in there all day i dont even bother starting the stove.

Not for me. But, as has been said, it depends on what you mean by burn time. If overnight is 8 hours, I can get that with decent heat still coming from the stove (maybe 200F) with alder and fir. I've had enough coals to start a new fire (stove pretty cool) after 11 hours. But so much depends on the wood and technique.
A 200F stove probable does not contribute much more heat than a coffee maker would. Unless your space is small and very well insulated, i would think you are in for some cold mornings.

I have a 30 in my workshop. Uninsulated with cement walls. It does a good job considering but i dont expect miracles when its 35 degrees in there. Unless ill be in there all day i dont even bother starting the stove.
Yea, know what you mean. When you get over 50, you might not want to stay out their as bad as you thought anyway. Ha ha;lol

WOW i must have been using wet wood , i was only getting 3 to 4 hours burn time, yesterday i used no wood i used 3 uncle ethans logs going east to west and 2 tractor supply fuel blocks on top of the ethans going north to south, i was able to get 11 hours burn time and could have got more but i loaded it back up before it was burned down, us stove 2000 i love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.