Englander and tax credit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drumbum

Aug 12, 2009
mid tenn
Hey guys, first post here, but been lurking for a couple of years. Got a question for you, maybe Mike Holton could shed some light. Will the NC-30 qualify for the tax credit? I'm assuming not; if memory serves Englander chose the 63% default on efficiency rating. Was there any inhouse testing to see what it really does? Seems like a clean burning stove like the NC 30 would do better.

thanks savage , beat me to it but glad you did post it for me , yes it and several other of our models do qualify , the same link savage posted will give a list of which of our models do qualify. and above all , thanks for the interest in my product

as far as the 63% rating , that is "default" a minimum that stoves must hit to qualify. most manufacturers accept default due to the much higher cost of maintaining a "true" rating. this isnt waht the govt goes by when qualifying the unit for the credit though , i do not know exactly what the parameters are or how they arrive at them but the unit definately qualifies.

I bought an Englander in July, 08, for the 08-09 heating season, doesn't seem fair that I can't get any form of tax credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.