Englander install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SPED said:
Ok, that's what I thought from the manual but wanted to be sure before I bought any. Now I gotta go find some stovepipe....wonder if lowes has any left ;)

You are going to probably need a six to eight increaser too if that thimble fits the eight inch pipe on that Franklin. Lowe's always has the pipe, year round, over in the ductwork section. No discount on that anytime.

Luckily thimble is 6 it has an adapter on there now, so I should be good to go!!

It's in and my back hurts :)

So I'm thinking I'll do this the reasonable way and get some help. Call my brother, he can't do it til wednesday, my dad says he can help anytime but I really want two guys. I have a couple friends that would help, but man these guys seem to break everything they touch. So I say all right wednesday is good.

An hour later I decide to see how heavy the old one is. So 15 minutes after that it's on my front porch, yeah I did it myself and that sucker is heavy. So while I'm out there my neighbor across the street sees me and comes over to see if he can help. So he and I were able to get the new one in place, took the bricks out and door off first. Got it in rough position then told him I was set, so I finessed it in place a lil while ago myself once I got some pipe.

Thank god for good neighbors, or I'd probably be lying in my driveway with a woodstove on me....and a grin on my face ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.