Enviro EF-3 And a GN-3750 Generator?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ShaneR34

Sep 19, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Alright, so I did some searching and the discussions end up being over my head (I know nothing about electricity lol).

My brother-in-law just gave me his old generator as he purchased a new one. It appears to be an inexpensive walmart brand (Power It!). From what I read, these types of generators can cause "dirty" power which could harm my EF-3 (it's about 15 years old). I read other comments saying not to worry about it. So, I'm confused.

Bottom line, can I use the generator with my pellet stove?

If I NEED to purchase a sine wave UPS, any recommendations for the cheapest option?

We have a large storm hitting tomorrow, so I'm just trying to figure this out....Thanks!!

not sure if you would damage it,i bought a 1500 watt generator to run my pellet stove BUT after trying it out it doesnt work, stove shut done and gave me a e2 code. What i found out was i need to by an invert type to run the pellet stove so out of luck. It will run my furnace so i geared it up to run incase of power loss

Reactions: ShaneR34
The fe3 does not have any boards that a standard geny will harm
I have a fe3 that I have been using for 20 years bulletproof run it on an old 500 watt
unit for 2 weeks now I have a whole house unit but are just standard genys
The Enviro FE3 is old school no computers to fail.

The fe3 does not have any boards that a standard geny will harm
I have a fe3 that I have been using for 20 years bulletproof run it on an old 500 watt
unit for 2 weeks now I have a whole house unit but are just standard genys
The Enviro FE3 is old school no computers to fail.

That's why I put the age and model of the stove in...I didn't think that there were any particularly sensitive electronics in the EF-3.

Welp...if your EF-3 has been fine, than I'll hook it up the generator without worry. Thanks!

That's why I put the age and model of the stove in...I didn't think that there were any particularly sensitive electronics in the EF-3.

Welp...if your EF-3 has been fine, than I'll hook it up the generator without worry. Thanks!

When Enviro upgraded the FE3 they changed the name Meridian
same stove with updated electronics
That's why I stay with the old stove

Alright, so I did some searching and the discussions end up being over my head (I know nothing about electricity lol).

My brother-in-law just gave me his old generator as he purchased a new one. It appears to be an inexpensive walmart brand (Power It!). From what I read, these types of generators can cause "dirty" power which could harm my EF-3 (it's about 15 years old). I read other comments saying not to worry about it. So, I'm confused.

Bottom line, can I use the generator with my pellet stove?

If I NEED to purchase a sine wave UPS, any recommendations for the cheapest option?

We have a large storm hitting tomorrow, so I'm just trying to figure this out....Thanks!!
I have 7500 watt generac that runs 10 circuits( use a transferbox) inckuding the room where my harman stove plugs in. Quite a few power outtages and the harman runs fine. It is a Pseries no digital stuff to go batty or get in the way..