Enviro EF3 Exhaust Blower Motor Loud

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tomasulo

Hearth Supporter
Mar 2, 2010
Canada
Hey guys, I have an Enviro EF3-bi that would be over 10 years old now, since new. Lately, there seems to be a louder whining, or grinding noise coming from the stove. I have a feeling that it's the exhaust blower motor. If I turn off the dial-a-fire, the noise is still there, so it's not the auger motor. The main heat blower motor is running fine, and I oil that every season. I read that the bearings are sealed on the exhaust blower, so that motor can't be oiled. The noise comes and goes, will start up with the noise and sometimes go away, then start again later the same day. This morning, it's been making the noise since startup. Do you think that the exhaust motor is where this would be coming from? Worried now, what happens if the motor dies...will by house fill with smoke, or will it still exhaust naturally until I can get it fixed? Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thx

If it is nosey replace it before it quits .
Depends on your exhaust design as to weather you get smoke or not .
even if it did smoke there is not to much will escape if your system is sealed and
has a decent natural draft you will get no smoke