enviro ef3 insert feed issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stinger68

Nov 30, 2008
cape breton N.S Canada
Hi my buddy has a enviro ef3 insert model pellet stove installed about 2years old now.Ok he said the issue is the pellet feed seems to be a issue now because he has to have his dial a fire turned to a little past half.He tried to put it at a little before half and it seems to go out and nothing in the burn pot when he wakes up from sleep.Do you think it could be the dial a fire knob control? He still uses the same pellets and the same air mixture etc but now it shuts off?? thanks guys

My old EF-2 ran at about the same place on the dial-a-fire.

Pellet quality, stove cleanliness, air leaks all can affect how it burns.

The dial-a-fire potentiometer could also be suspect. Not likely as it works above 1/2 way.

I suggest a good deep cleaning, dollar bill test on gaskets, and a few bags of high quality pellets to figure out the problem.

Good Luck,
---Nailer---

Hello

I rehabbed an EF-2i for a customer. It worked good but after a while his fires were really low and almost went out. He was burning about 9 O'Clock on the Dial A Fire. Also even in my Avalon Astoria, I had a similar issue. The flame was not as high as it was before. Now after plenty of study and research I found that even though the Auger Frequecy was correct and increasing the heat level seemed to help it was at last the Auger DURATION that was the issue with these stoves. On many stoves the Auger Duration is 3 seconds and allows enough time for a number of pellets to drop into the burn pot to keep a good flame going. So in these cases the 1 RPM auger motors were working good. They either work good or die! It is the Auger Bushing that is the real culprit here. The issue with SAE 841 oil impregnated bronze bushing is that heat draws the oil out of the bronze and once the impregnated oil is all used up along with fines and pellet saw dust getting in it really makes a sticky wicket!!! The best fix is to replace the bushing for optimum performance of course.

Brass bushing EF-065
http://www.enviro.com/partsSearch/index.php

Also see >> https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/89195/

I have had some good success cleaning out the pellets in the hopper and lubricating the bushing.
You can try Bushing oil, 3-1 Oil, Spray graphite etc.

Good Luck

It took some time to figure this out but I think I nailed it (No pun intetended Nailed-Nailer) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.