1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Enviro Pellet Stove Trouble!!!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by x96mnn, Nov 30, 2007.

1. reconner

reconner New Member

Loc:
    maine
    Oh great, i managed to find this site and read the forums AFTER i've put a deposit on a Maxx.

Anyone know if these 'bugs' have been fixed??

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. x96mnn

x96mnn New Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    They are supposed to replace the blower fan with a stronger motor. I will keep u posted
  3. simba

simba New Member

Loc:
    south eastern new brunswickair89
    Just bought a Enviro Maxx and read some of the comments on this site is there something
    I should be aware of before finishing paying for it. Please help me out on this
  4. x96mnn

x96mnn New Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    The stove works better then it did when first installed but the burn pot will stilll clink up and need to be manually emptied before it will restart. The company is coming to install a larger blower which will keep the ash from clogging the pot. The reason why I bought the stove was to add the thermostat kit to it so I could have it regulate the heat more efficiently which would require the stove to relight on its own which it cannot do at this time.

I would like to think the stove you just purchased would have the upgrades complete already which included improved door gasket, burn pot spacers, upgraded burn pot and the blower.

The Stove itself gives off a lot of heat, wish you could regulate the blower more but that would be the only fault I would give the stove other then the larger issue I am having which is more of a defect in a first year model.

It would not hurt to talk to your rep and see if they have installed one before and ask to speak with that customer.
  5. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    Over 2 days from one bag? That`s got to be phenomenal !
  6. imacman

imacman Guest

I agree...2 days from 1bag would be amazing, but I'm wondering if he meant "from 1 FILL" of the hopper?
  7. simba

simba New Member

Loc:
    south eastern new brunswickair89
    Just finished having the enviro maxx installed everything seems to be going good figures are crossed will kept everyone posted.
  8. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    My interest in the 2 days+ from one bag claim is that my little Harman P38 gets only 36 hrs from a bag on the very lowest setting and from what I can gather my stove is burning cleanly and appears to be operating perfectly.
    According to the brochure it should burn only .75lb @ the #1 setting. That would put it at 54 hrs .However I wrote that off to hyped up advertising and or tests from optimum conditions that are simply difficult to match under field installed situations.
    Certainly I would not want to refute the OP`s claim since it could very well be possible that his stove somehow matches or comes close to the exact criteria to get the optimum low burn rate . This is something that probably few of us can lay claim to.
    After even more thought on this I can conclude from my lowest burn rate @1.1 lbs per hr (36 hrs per bag) experience that if I could somehow attain a low burn rate of just .75 lbs per hr it would produce very very little usable heat to my room and would be operating at a severely reduced efficiency . Most of that heat would be going right up and out the the flue. I just can`t see how .75 lbs of pellets burning for an hour can produce enough heat to a room with any degree of efficiency.
  9. x96mnn

x96mnn New Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    The hopper to me appears to be full, no expert in Pellet stoves but am using a 40IB bag of Shaw wood pellets (produced in the Maritimes)

I would fill the hopper Sunday between 8 and 10am and the stove would burn Sunday, Monday and run out while I was at work Tuesday if I would forget to top it up Tuesday morning.

As for throwing heat it does just fine although it may be my perception only with the enviro max doing the blunt of the work keeping the floors warm down stairs.
  10. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Thats 2 days + on a 40lb bag and doing fine regarding heat.
    That`s got to be amazing. Congratulations! You are doing what most of us only dream of.
  11. oldman

oldman New Member

Loc:
    North Western Ontario
    I bought a enviromax this summer and so far no burning problems . My problem is that the pellets keep hanging up in the hopper .
    I have 10' of 3" chimney at 45 degrees and 15 ' straight up with a outside 3" draft intake . Just adjusted draft until glass stays clear and good flame .
    I have burned 16 bags of pellets with no clinkers and I am burning premium low ash pellets . The pellets are stored in a dry place and do not seem to have a dampness problem. I am very happy with the heat that comes from this stove .
    It is just that I have to go and shove a stick to loosen the pellets every few hours or else the stove will go out and that is frustrating .

During writing this letter I just received a call from my dealer and she told me to pull out the grate in the bottom of the hopper .
    I will try this and get back to the forum in a few days with the results .

Bill
  12. oldman

oldman New Member

Loc:
    North Western Ontario
    Removed the inside hopper grate . Stove works perfect . A very good heater .
  13. x96mnn

x96mnn New Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Update

They have replaced the fan and the stove now works perfectly, can go days with no issues!

Although it took some time I am very pleased with the heat and performance of the enviro Max.
  14. trbinrat

trbinrat Member

Loc:
    southern Maine
    Does your stove have the 3" or the 4" vent.
  15. x96mnn

x96mnn New Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Not sure what you mean my vent, own two stoves, can turn them on and off and clean them but any more ten that I am lost.
  16. trbinrat

trbinrat Member

Loc:
    southern Maine
    Sorry' I meant the exhaust vent. I believe last year The Maxx started coming with 4" exhaust.
  17. x96mnn

x96mnn New Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Its 3"

Same as my stove up stairs
  18. edwinjk

edwinjk New Member

Loc:
    Southern Ohio