Extending a chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaTech

Burning Hunk
Oct 30, 2014
Saint Louis
Have a question for everyone, my liner is pretty much at the minimum length for the stove I have. I have not had any real issues with running it, but I have seen so many places on here that people were saying their stove runs much better if they add a little height and get better draft. I was wondering what the procedure for extending a flexible liner past the top of a terracotta lined masonry chimney would be. In my mind I was envisioning a different top plate that instead of having a cap on it, had the fitting for class A insulated pipe so you could just snap a section of that on it. Does anyone know if they make such a beast? I couldn't really find much on doing this.

Thanks!
Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.