Finally got the vent brushed out the top of my chimney vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alternativeheat

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2013
Cape Cod, Ma.
4" vent 26 ft up including the last section through the cap. I made it ! Needed one more rod but wanted to thank all you guys who said get to the top when I was ready to stop at the end of my rods and the brush still wasn't showing out the top ( cleaning from bottom up using a drill). I got the one additional rod and son of a gun if another batch of ash didn't fall from way up there. And when it did the draft I could feel in my hand about doubled. It wasn't a lot of gunk but it made a difference. Thanks again, it's etched into my brain now ! I can't even believe ash got way up that far never mind hung on to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.