Finally made up mind - Blaze King it is. Now...the hard part.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SolarAndWood said:
Beetle-Kill said:
True, but you may find a more motivated seller in the off-season. FWIW, I was quoted $2900 on up this time last year, for the base model King. I purchased in the summer, parlor model, side shields, blower, and the gold door and trim- $2835 out the door. i saved a couple hundred easy.

There is a $1000 toll on the bridge over the Mississippi. Hopefully, BK will fix that. Doesn't do them any good, doesn't do the east coast dealers any good. Definitely doesn't do the east coast customers any good.

Are you serious? $1000 tariff to the east coast. Isn't this the UNITED States of America anymore?
Now I see why "bigbluebus" wants to drive his bus to the NW.

Takes me a while to get the whole picture firm in my mind to understand. :p
That's a considerable sum of $$.

I wouldn't buy one on the east coast if it cost me more to do the long drive west.
I'm with you bbb, if I was near you, I'd drive you & split the gas. :)

Your choice of the BK is even better now.

(a John Galt thing.)

Where in Washington are you visiting? If you are close enough, it would be advantageous to cross the border into the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia.

Shop for your Blaze King at an OK Builder's store in Penticton, Kelowna or Vernon. Looking at the prices quoted in this thread, your trip to the Okanagan will save you several hundreds of $.

BTW, the Blaze Kings are manufactured in Penticton.

nelraq said:
Where in Washington are you visiting? If you are close enough, it would be advantageous to cross the border into the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia.

Shop for your Blaze King at an OK Builder's store in Penticton, Kelowna or Vernon. Looking at the prices quoted in this thread, your trip to the Okanagan will save you several hundreds of $.

BTW, the Blaze Kings are manufactured in Penticton.

+1

I gave $2300 for my BKK ultra with blowers out the door, granted it was there floor model demo stove but it came with a full warranty and the tax credit, dealer was about a hundred miles one direction me, bought it in March 2010

I figured it was pointless to shop around since shipping would be cost prohibitive unless the dealer was darn near giving the stove away. My Princess Ultra was $2900 all said and done (nickel door/rails, blower, and OAK)

The darn chimney and install was almost more than that.

Just a couple of observations...first, The King models are mostly made in Walla Walla WA according to BK. The Princess models are made in Penticton. My friend purchased a Blaze King King Ultra from his dealer and forced his hand. He just bought it and told the dealer he missed the tax credit benefit, so he wanted a bottom line price. It was a floor model that had never been burned and the dealer gave him a superb deal. Shopping locally sounds like the way to go from comments posted here, especially if you need any parts down the road. The dealer will hopefully remember you.

Been talking to a local dealer (300 miles away is local for me)...he has a fully optioned floor model (nickel trim, blowers, etc) that he says he can give me a good deal on, but we'll have to see where he ends up at the bottom line. I may not have to make that trip after all. I'm also waiting on info from another poster. THANKS for everyone here that has contributed with useful comments and tips in this thread.

BBB (soon BK owner)

Status
Not open for further replies.