First burn of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kenny1

Feeling the Heat
Oct 20, 2006
Eastern ON
Made it all the way to mid October this year - first burn just underway.
IMG_7853[1].JPG

Stay warm!

Reactions: vinny11950
Made it all the way to mid October this year - first burn just underway. View attachment 230813
Stay warm!
Looks like a Harman P61a?

My House Harmy P61a and Garage Harmy p61a and shed Quad Contour are still off by my Harmy Advance in the workshop was going for a while to take the chill out on this rainy cool day. :)

Attachments

• DF1A2672-4662-4918-AC2C-2335504B9F1A.jpeg
    DF1A2672-4662-4918-AC2C-2335504B9F1A.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 606688DB-A788-49A3-A3CC-35738E2D0B7C.jpeg
    606688DB-A788-49A3-A3CC-35738E2D0B7C.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 129
First burn is underway. We added a plywood panel this year to cover where the old gas fireplace use to be. My girls couldn’t wait for me to get it running, they love the heat that it generates.
74519f690af81843e3fb1820bbfacaef.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Made it all the way to mid October this year - first burn just underway. View attachment 230813
Stay warm!

Just fired my Quad MVAE up this evening. Don't expect it will be a daily event for another week or two. Nice thing is that it is in the adjacent room from my bedroom. While I can't actually see the stove from my bed I can see the light from the flame dancing on the ceiling. Helps me to to sleep at night.

I first fired mine up about a week ago, just for the night. Been burning it on low during nights most of this week.

This winter will be a new experience. Just got my ex and her hoard out of my house, got some serious cleaning done like a 40 lb pellet bag of dirt and hair from all the carpets. I'm beginning to think a compulsively hoarded house holds heat better, but not enough to make it worth living that way.

My main floor stove, the P43, has been on thermostat for several weeks keeping the house at 69*. Have burned about 4 bags in it so far.

Just fired up the P61a in the basement as it is down to 63* (was at 64.5* last night). That one just uses the temp probe and I set it to keep it around 65*

Yeah, I broke down and fired up the 52i last night. Nice and toasty this morning but the stove is off right now.

Reactions: bogieb
I am holding out as long as possible. House stat is reading 63 now which sucks. My family isn't complaining yet. LOL! We have had some cold well below average temps here for some days now. I may fire the 68 this evening just to kill the chill.

My first burn was good, had some electrical issues I had to fix on my stove but all is up and running... Good heat ..

Had our first burn about the 8th. Mainly using them in the morning to take the chill off until the sun heats the house up. But yesterday we got 8" of snow and the temp never went above the mid 20's and it was cloudy so they did good service yesterday. Today it is bright and sunny and going above freezing so they are not having to burn as hard.

Something nice about having the stoves on again, even though we had a super warm summer.

Sacrificed first bag of the season to the Pellet Gods Sunday night. Doing like wise tonight. Looks like the burning season is upon us!

Well I caved..... The P-68 is now running so there is no going back. It is very cool here for highs and down into the low 440's and 30's at night forecasted all week. I remember firing up last year Oct 15th too.

Our 25-PDV has been burning on 1 the past three nights in mode D. The weather's been going down into the 40's, here in RI. No technical troubles to speak of.;)