First time buyer needs advice...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaWabbit

Nov 1, 2007
Western Washington
Does anyboby have experience with the Pacific Energy Alderlea? I'm looking to buy either the T4 or T5 but can't even find one in a dealer showroom. I found some good reviews on other PE stoves on this Web site so I'm assuming the Alderlea will also be OK. How long is the burn on the Alderlea? Are there other stoves in the same style that would do a better job?

I'm heating a living room and kitchen on the first floor, and I have a vent in the ceiling which sucks the hot air from the stove and blows it into the second floor rooms. Should I get the T5 at about 70,000 BTUs or is the T4 enough at 54,000 BTUs? Thanks.

The Alderea is just some soap stone "slapped" on the outside of the regular PE freestanding stoves. Pretty much everything is the same with these stoves for the reviews of the other freestanders should coincide with the Alderea of the same size. That said, they are also brand new to the market and many dealers may not have them yet.

wxman when did you see soapstone on a P.E. stove?

opps, meant cast iron slapped on the outside, my bad!

wx, I sure you meant to say they are dressed up in cast iron not soapstone.

I would suggest the T5 (2cuft firebox) unless you are heating less than 1000sqft or don't plan on burning full time. This would go for any stove not just the PE line.

Check the dealer locater on the website

http://www.pacificenergy.net/ (currently down for some reason)

if nobody is close Tom will take care of you he's in WA
http://chimneysweeponline.com/

Tom better pay me my commission. Just had to not only upgrade the computer server, but it turned out we use 4x as much "bandwidth" (that means ROOM) than we contracted for, so rates are going up, up, up.

Luckily, the extra bandwidth is cheap....thanks goodness.

Oh, and Gunner, John Gulland has agreed to do some podcasts here. What subjects are of interest?

Oh man, he covered just about everything on woodheat...I don't know what's left to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.