1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Q&A Fisher Mobile Home Stove

Post in 'Questions and Answers' started by QandA, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

QandA New Member Staff Member

Question:

i recently purchased a Fisher mobile home fireplace stove and have ran into a problem installing it. Underneath the stove is a six inch square opening that I assume was meant either to collect ash or for venting. However I dont want to cut a hole in my floor and am wondering if I can block this hole. should i block this hole from below, or up in the firebox or do i have to cut a hole in my floor. Its starting to get cold here, and would like to install soon. thanks for your help

Answer:

That was meant to bring in outside air to the stove from beneath the mobile home. All mobile home installations require this. If you are installing it in a regular home, it may be possible to block it off, however you have to look and see if there are alternative ways of the firebox receiving it's needed combustion air. Perhaps there is another plate somewhere which you can remove.....

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.