Flexible chimney cleaning rods?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
sorry - meant to post the the hearthroom.

I did a search and can't find what I'm looking for: Somewhere on the list there was a discussion about 'flexible cleaning rods'. I think they "clicked" together instead of screwed together. Can anyone point out either that thread or a url link?

We have the fiberglass rods which we used when we had the fireplace but now we need some type of rod that has 'flex' in order to flex enough to go through the lined chimney damper.

Any help appreciated!

Shari

No, it's not the SootEater but what I'm looking for may have been discussed in one of the same threads as the SootEater.

I don't have a T on my install so I have to take the top off my Oslo and then vacuum out any crud that falls during a cleaning. I am determined to be able to do this myself and my though was the more flexible that first 3 or 4 feet (attached to the brush) the better off I would be in cleaning the 45 degree connect through the damper area.

The only other thing I can remember about the post I'm looking for was the rods 'clicked' together versus screwing together.

Shari

Looks like Rutland came out with these.

http://www.rutland.com/resources.php

green.jpg

I got fiber glass flex rods at Lowes years ago that will bend 90° but they screw together. My advice is to use rubber gloves with them cause after awhile you can get fiber glass slivers from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.