Flue cleaning question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe245

Oct 21, 2009
SW of Boston
First off great site,lot of info.Been reading a lot of stuff in the last two weeks or so. My question, I'm getting ready to install a insert into a existing fire place,as some of you may know from a couple of other questions I had. I have the new liner kit ready to go (another that wishes MagnaFlex was a bit sooner with the new flex liner. To fun what going on over on the thread,btw) When time to clean do I just sweep down a push all the crude into the insert or do I have to disconnect before cleaning. If i should be disconnecting can I put in a short T connector between the appliance connector and the liner.So all I have to do is remove the faceplate and I can vacuum while I'm sweeping to prevent it from entering the insert.

If its a full liner you do not have to disconnect anything. I usually just remove the secondary baffle if possible and sweep it. Clean out the stove and reinstall the baffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.