For those of you who love your insulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Franks said:
I still love Magnaflex product and the magnaflex guys, even though he didnt answer my PM
I sent him one this morning as well (unrelated topic) and still haven't heard from him. Don't worry though, Rainer always gets around to returning mail, even if it takes him a little time. I can't say enough good things about my dealings with him or the Magnaflex liners...

Argh.. LOL.. I'm out on the factory floor trying to see if we can ovalize that product.... I know I can definitely do the last 5 feet with an inside out ovalizing machine. But doing an entire roll I have to run it through a machine that ovalizes outside- in... I'm working on it..
Franks said:
I still love Magnaflex product and the magnaflex guys, even though he didnt answer my PM

I wonder if I could stuff that up/down my 8" exterior metalbestos? That 90 degree bend would be a real bear. :lol:

Dang, when you hit the 'ignore member" button in settings, it doesn't work when that member changes their name.

I'm all out of PM's right now... I've hit my limit for a 24 hour period.

Wet1 said:
Franks said:
I sent him one this morning as well (unrelated topic) and still haven't heard from him. Don't worry though, Rainer always gets around to returning mail, even if it takes him a little time. I can't say enough good things about my dealings with him or the Magnaflex liners...

Who needs insulated liners? This is not sarcastic, I'm serious. Do you just need insulated liners in some kinds of chimneys and fireplaces, or are they preferred over "regular" liners even in all masonry, tile lined chimneys in good shape? You guys have convinced me elsewhere on here about the need for a liner, to help make the stove run a lot more efficiently, etc. Does an insulated liner do even more, or is it same/same unless you have more complicated install requirements?

tickbitty said:
Who needs insulated liners? This is not sarcastic, I'm serious. Do you just need insulated liners in some kinds of chimneys and fireplaces, or are they preferred over "regular" liners even in all masonry, tile lined chimneys in good shape? You guys have convinced me elsewhere on here about the need for a liner, to help make the stove run a lot more efficiently, etc. Does an insulated liner do even more, or is it same/same unless you have more complicated install requirements?

Who needs insulated liners - in essence, anyone who can't confirm the full integrity of a brick flue, or who can't confirm the external clearances from the outside of the brick structure to nearby combustibles. They do indeed improve performance in the begining and end phases of a burn cycle as the flue draft builds quickeer because the flue heats up quicker.

Give the insulated liner link below a read - covers most of the details

Magnaflex - drop a post on here once your instructions are posted please. Looking forward to giving them a read.

jesus is smart hahaha i think thats what hes tryin to say lol

My check went out today for 25' of Insul-Flex liner, three piece tee, rain cap and top plate that Magna Flex sells as a kit.

When I finally am able to do the install I'll be sure to take pictures and do some kind of write up. Could be awhile before I get this done. I will pick up my stove on Friday and work on clearance issues while off on vacation. This will be my first stove and install.

Great. Magnaflex makes a great product, I'm sure you'll be happier than a crazed caplock key. I'd like to see photos

One question (which Linux_Tyro just caused my brain cell to formulate)... how flexible is this new liner? I obviously know how you ship a traditional flex liner and the size of the box it comes in, but can a 25' length of this insulated flex be shipped in the same size box, or even shipped easily?

BTW, no problem on the PM... I'll be here tomorrow as well, so no rush.

This thread has the potential to reach epic/Fiskars vs. maul/rounds vs. splits/cat vs. non-cat proportions!

will have pics up in a few minutes... and pulling UL certs as well.... I now know why his name is Jesus... every time someone talks to him they probably say "jesus christ"

MagnaFlex said:
will have pics up in a few minutes... and pulling UL certs as well.... I now know why his name is Jesus... every time someone talks to him they probably say "jesus christ"

No, it's because he is all knowing and spreads the message of doom and armgeddon to the people. Get it right!

picture037e.jpg

picture040pg.jpg

And for those who know palette wrappers, that's a lantech model in the background and we swear by it, if we could only get something to wrap the pipe better with it would be fantastic.

Magnaflex you seriously need to read the stickey up top about shrinking pictures for the web and forums. :coolsmirk:

And are those hose clamps a part of the liner? If so there is another 1/2" or so of width.

let it go man..

Hagic Meat said:
Wet1 said:
Jags said:
Jesus said:
Franks said:
obsolescence
noun- the state, process, or condition of being or becoming obsolete
ya just like this liner will be when it hits 1500*f & the al melts?

Why do you assume that the aluminum, which is insulated from the flue will ever get to 1500F, even with a chimney fire??
I agree, I don't see it reaching that with 1/2" of ceramic insulation between it and the SS liner.
i aint engineer but will take bets that when the inner pipe reaches 2099*f the al will have melted, unless its already been tested per such which i aint seen in defense of this liner
Not an English major either.:)

Hagic Meat said:
Stevebass4 said:
let it go man..
u addressing me? & why?

Pook

Because you are acting as does a fool. Better to be silent and thought of a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

You may have a very good point in this "discussion", but no one will listen to you because they will think you the fool.

MagnaFlex says he'll post the UL certs and instructions - let him do so before you continue to blast away at him.

Ignoring you doesn't seem to work, as your ever changing name beats the filter. (Mods - there must be a rule on that somewhere eh?)

Hagic Meat said:
Stevebass4 said:
let it go man..
u addressing me? & why?

yes -

because

1) i trust Magnaflex will not sell something that will harm people

2)

edit

Magnaflex, Like Brother Bart my only concern would be if the clamps are a part of the liner. If they are they will add to the dimension listed somewhat and could tend to get hung up if the space was tight. I still like it better than the wire mesh foil faced idea for durability when you pull it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.