Found this on craigs list

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornelis

Feb 6, 2013
Naugatuck,CT
Was wondering if you guys could tell me if this is a good deal. Like to know if this is a good stove.

Jotul F600 wood stove: mint condition plus extras READ ME - $1400 (New milford ct)

00U0U_6NtSlWOJI7z_600x450.jpg

Jotul F600 wood stove. Only used 2 seasons- and very lightly used.
Top of the line model! Completely cast iron with french doors in the front & side access door.

In great condition

A very nice looking stove. Not those older chucks of metal sticking out like a sore thumb.
We have all the original paperwork.

Including 35 ft of chimney flue (liner? Not sure of the technical term for it) $400 value alone. It was never installed so it is brand new for you!
We also have an extra "tray", for easier / quicker cleaning.
Kettle as seen in pictures for adding moisture to the air is also included. We will clean it up nice
If I can find the glove, I'll throw that in too & any other accessories we may have.

Bonus!!! If this is purchased soon (like before Sept 6, 2013, we have a pile of wood to get you started with!!!

Google this model, research the unit & all the extras, see what a killer deal this is.
Hate to part with it but it won't work where we are moving too :-(

Price is negotiable, but please do your research & come up with a fair price for both you & me.

New milford, ct pick up only. Cash only. Please include your contact information in your emails so I can filter out spam I'm sorry but I will not respond without it.
Thanks for taking the time to read our

Your pictures did not come through.

Show up with 1200 now and you will have a heating beast in your truck.

Do you have it yet?? ==c

It is a great deal. Did you note that the stove was built in 2008 as indicated on the picture of the tag? Even so, well worth it, especially with the extras. If it stays on Craigslist too long, I may go done there myself and pick it up.

If you decide to buy it, look up at the baffle to make sure it hasn't been damaged. Check the reburning tubes as well. The rest is small potatoes. Good luck if you end up buying it!!!

And don't put boiling water pots on top of it. >>

I really, really would like to hear what you see about how they are venting that thing into the fireplace given the rust on that elbow and the fact that they haven't ever installed the liner. Something smells here and it ain't from the stove.

Yeah it looked gnarly on the flue collar. Wonder if there was a cap on the chimney even?

It is a great deal. Did you note that the stove was built in 2008 as indicated on the picture of the tag? Even so, well worth it, especially with the extras. If it stays on Craigslist too long, I may go done there myself and pick it up.

If you decide to buy it, look up at the baffle to make sure it hasn't been damaged. Check the reburning tubes as well. The rest is small potatoes. Good luck if you end up buying it!!!

I didn't see that. He said they bought it 2 years ago so maybe he is not the first owner.

I really, really would like to hear what you see about how they are venting that thing into the fireplace given the rust on that elbow and the fact that they haven't ever installed the liner. Something smells here and it ain't from the stove.

Yah, I saw the rust and that is not a good sign. As he said they only burned it for 2 seasons

You have a good point there. I had a friend who did it the same way and he had all kinds of problems until he made a two piece chimney baffle with an insulating blanket to hold the draft. If the pipe is going into a clay chimney there could be all kinds of water dripping down on the pipe and possibly into the stove. It doesn't mean it is not worth it. It means check it out thoroughly.

Yah, I saw the rust and that is not a good sign. As he said they only burned it for 2 seasons

The rust on the cook plate doesn't mean that much. I just finished preparing my stove for winter and I get occasional rust on the plate because of my own carelessness of spilling water when I fill the kettle. I just sanded it down and painted it as I have done in the past and it works fine. But I agree, it is something to look at.

Hi Cornelis grab it. That stove sells for $2500 plus new. One question though are you going to vent into a fireplace?? The firelight doesn't lend itself well to fireplaces with a height of 31 inches- no shortlegs either. If the stove body is solid, a can of flat black will make her look like new. That's a good price, 1200 would be better, considering you will be picking her up.

Hi Cornelis grab it. That stove sells for $2500 plus new. One question though are you going to vent into a fireplace?? The firelight doesn't lend itself well to fireplaces with a height of 31 inches- no shortlegs either. If the stove body is solid, a can of flat black will make her look like new. That's a good price, 1200 would be better, considering you will be picking her up.

No fireplace it will be free standing.. I ask him about the tag that shows the stove is from 2008 he didn't answer me back yet.

It is too bad. Sometimes you have to go on your instincts. There is a possibility it may have been a good stove despite the naysayers. Better luck next time..

I ask him about the tag that shows the stove is from 2008 he didn't answer me back yet.
Could have sat in crate for a few years. We are just emerging from the worst economic down turn since the Great Depression. I bought my Castine from a Jotul dealer in 2010 the tag on the back said 2007. It was a floor model he wanted to move so he knocked $500 off the price. Never been used and it had a full warranty.

he sold it ...so I loose but there will be other stoves.
That sucks, I missed out on a steal of a deal cuz ,I just wasn't quick enough , but I did find another great deal on a great stove and got it .
Just keep looking ,and be ready to pounce :)

he sold it ...so I loose but there will be other stoves.

Not if you always have to wait 'till Sunday to pick 'em up! That was a good deal, as I'd expect to pay that much for the stove, without any chimney hardware or seasoned wood.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Status
Not open for further replies.