Free Woodstock

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepinto65

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2008
Webster, MA
Hey guys (and gals) I know there was a thread covering the Woodstock mortgage burning party/open house party, but I didnt see mention of the free stove giveaway (http://www.woodstove.com/index.php/free-stove-drawing). Maybe it was suppose to be kept a secret so they would have a better chance of winning :) . Hopefully we will get to see someone on here walkaway with this!

Thanks! There goes my odds. :lol: I signed up this morning even though I don't know what I'd do with another stove.

Id hook it up and see which I liked better, then after deciding, give the other to my Mom....Unless she buys a stove before then, than maybe i'd raffle it off here, that'd be pretty cool (i'd have a hard time selling something like that).

They are gonna FREAKOUT when they realize it has to be shipped to Florida! (but I really NEED it)

ChillyGator said:
They are gonna FREAKOUT when they realize it has to be shipped to Florida! (but I really NEED it)

Too late. I already registered, so looks like it's going to go to me. :cheese:

Can I pick up my free stove at the BBQ? :)

Nope.. just like buying a new tool to find a lost one, I just finished up my Homestead install, so I will win it.

I signed up. No regrets. Worst case scenario, I'll auction it off to charity. However, I never win anything.

Me too. I would love to try it out. Worst case scenario, it will help save me from a rebuild of a friend's old Hearthstone II monster. They could use a new stove.

I signed up - never won anything like this so don't expect that to change, but why not try eh? I'll count my chickens after they hatch though.

I did not sign up...so I'll win it

Webmaster said:
ChillyGator said:

My sister lives near Gainesville and froze her ass off last winter!

Climate Change in Florida: 101* summers - 20* winters - 2 weeks of spring/fall :coolsmirk: (6 cords and cutting)

Well it appears the secret is out now. I'll probably still win it though. ;-)

My wife entered before I could. I hope she shares.

Backwoods Savage said:
Well it appears the secret is out now. I'll probably still win it though. ;-)

HaHa! Just teasing Dennis!

Signed up . . . but geez . . . I sure hope I don't win since I would have to decide whether or not to move the Oslo and try a Woodstock. ;) :)

Actually, I checked that I would not be there . . . since I cannot commit to the date at this point . . . but I am giving some serious thought to making the trip . . . if nothing else just to meet the one and only Backwoods Savage.

Not a problem Dave. Jake, I also checked as not being able to attend however I am really considering going....I LOVE a good pig roast!

Gee when I saw the title of this thread I thought Snoopy had finally flipped out. :bug:

I entered. I really need a fourth stove...

Actually, the Vigilant would be given away to someone who needs it.

firefighterjake said:
I am giving some serious thought to making the trip . . . if nothing else just to meet the one and only Backwoods Savage.

I hear he's bringing a tandem load of ash since he's running out of room to stack it. Bring yer trucks - first come, first served. %-P

I am hoping that I can get a deal on shipping it and duty to cross the border to Canada. For once I didn't see any rules saying "only in the United States"..... Could have been in the fine print though :)

Battenkiller said:
firefighterjake said:
I am giving some serious thought to making the trip . . . if nothing else just to meet the one and only Backwoods Savage.

I hear he's bringing a tandem load of ash since he's running out of room to stack it. Bring yer trucks - first come, first served. %-P

Jake, it would be my pleasure. I hope you can make it.

Battenkiller, you might find this hard to believe but we are now down to 13 cords!

Status
Not open for further replies.