From the Hemlock Bench

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
We went out tonight to see the moon, this is part of one of the hemlocks we milled up then made some supports to make a bench, perfect night.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4005.jpg
    100_4005.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 321
  • 100_3998.jpg
    100_3998.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 306
  • 100_3999.jpg
    100_3999.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 311
nice night to hang out - we had mid to low fifties. How much cooler was it up north?

Sky has been crustal clear here too....easy to spot any Iridium flares. Wife works 3rd shift and had to scrape the windshield for the 1st time the other day. Expecting temps near 80 this weekend...woo hoo! Gonna be hard to stay working on my wood shed!

f3cbboy said:
nice night to hang out - we had mid to low fifties. How much cooler was it up north?

It was in the mid 40's when we went outside. f3cbboy, we had our first frost Wednesday morning and it looks like the weekend we will have highs in the 70's and the lows in the mid 40's.

I'm hoping I can get two trees down and out of the woods (one soft maple & the other is cherry, both leaners) then stacked this weekend.

zap

muncybob said:
Sky has been crustal clear here too....easy to spot any Iridium flares. Wife works 3rd shift and had to scrape the windshield for the 1st time the other day. Expecting temps near 80 this weekend...woo hoo! Gonna be hard to stay working on my wood shed!

I'll take this weather after all the rain we have had, please keep the 80's muncybob.... I think the wife is liking the cooler weather and the fires.

zap

Great shot there Zap.Nice bench too.Tuesday I made another short one for the front yard - Seat is 22" long x 12" diameter lower grade Black Walnut ripped in half,legs are 9"diameter x 16" long Western Red Cedar,from part of 80yr old telephone pole Qwest (now Century Link) left for me.It'll still be here long after the house & I are compost.Squirrels already tried it out,seen pieces of Black Walnut husks on it last night. :coolsmile:

Sounds nice Thistle. The squirrels around our place had been missing in action from late summer until this week, I put some corn in the bird feeders and they showed up.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.