1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Gasification types

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by justanothercub, Sep 30, 2012.

1. justanothercub

justanothercub New Member

If this isnt in the correct area sorry, move as you see fit.

Ok here is what I know, there are two typs of gasification stoves/units. 1 is the kind you heat your home with and you want to burn every last drop of your solid fuel at the highest temp possible. 2 is the kind that you want to make as much smoke as possible so that it can be plumbed into a gas engine as its fuel.

I am talking about #2. Other then adding scrubbers and coolers to the FEMA gasifiaction idea. Has there been any more advancement in the basic model?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Dune

Dune Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Commonwealth Of Massachussetts
    Yes. The Victory gassifier runs at a high enough temp to vaporise tars that in the past tended to carbonise the interior of the engine.
    Search for their website. They offer turn-key units in a variety of horsepower increments up to big-block.

Furthermore, there is a website somewhere with shareware tech for DIYs. If you can't find it, I can make a phone call.

Pretty sure it was an upper left coast university that "perfected" the tech.

A victory type gassifier combined with a water-cooled ICE generator can be assembled into a residential Co-Gen facility.
    One with such a setup, along with electric vehicles could readily enjoy complete energy independence.
    milleo likes this.
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    They moved to the Emerald City in June. Neighbors now.