Giant score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You must own a Blaze King.

Be careful & pace yourself.Dont try to process that all in one day.

If you burn it now will the smoke smell like Sweet and Sour chicken???

Any suggestions on a source for tarps or should I leave them uncovered? I need to get some new wedges to split them. Off to home depot. maybe they will have both.

Remember to post pics of it after the bucking, splitting and stacking. We like pics.

Thistle said:
Be careful & pace yourself.Dont try to process that all in one day.
Now Thistle, you know that Chinese Take-Out only takes about 2 hours to "process"! :eek:hh:
As for the chopsticks, well the Chimney Sweep puts bamboo second from the bottom at only 10 MBTU/Cord. http://chimneysweeponline.com/howood.htm Only Balsa is listed as a worse firewood. I bet the fortune cookies would burn like rocket fuel though!

Maplewoodie said:
Went for Chinese takeout. Got an extra pair of chopsticks. Figure I need to season for 3 years. Getting a good jump on 2015. What a great day!

Hope you had your "wood hauler" with you.
A scrounge is a scrounge, always be prepared ;)

PS: You fit in here, always looking for more wood . :lol:

You will just want more one hour after burning it.

I have seen cookstove designs made of coffee cans that will gasify small pieces of wood for efficient cooking. One of the ideas was actually that in Asia there are a LOT of chopsticks thrown out that could be used as fuel.

It sounds silly, but it makes a big difference in the lives of folks in places like that.

The lesson- now you can not only tell kids "there are people starving in China", but "Burn that toothpick, there are people with cold moo goo gai pan in China"

Status
Not open for further replies.