Give me a good reason

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well------------- I currently have 8" single wall to ceiling and double wall stainless in the attic and through the roof. If I will also need to replace all the pipe the cost will probably cause me to keep what I have. Don't want to spend several thousand to save maybe a cord a year and to see the burn.

How high tall is the ceiling and how much double-wall stainless pipe would you estimate there is in the attic and above the roof?

BeGreen said:
How high tall is the ceiling and how much double-wall stainless pipe would you estimate there is in the attic and above the roof?

Ceiling is 8' and probably 8' double wall through attic and above roof. Also I have two 45deg. elbow's in the single wall.

16 ft may work out. Worst case you may need to add a couple feet of pipe up top. But maybe not. Depends on the stove.

BeGreen said:
16 ft may work out. Worst case you may need to add a couple feet of pipe up top. But maybe not. Depends on the stove.

Well what the heck! just about ready to spend my money else where. Now all fired up again---- yes a play on words---- about a new stove, we'll see

The best reason for me to have made the switch last yr was to improve burn times since wood is our only heat it was nice to go from 5hr burn time to 10hr+. And with my old Pre EPA stove 5hr wasn't to relight, it was to cold ashes. Now there are loads of hot coals at the 10hr mark and thats starting with a 1/2 full stove. Firewood is kinda my hobby so saving wood wasn't a huge deal for me. If I'm not cutting for myself I'm helping someone else so the time savings wasn't an issue either. Will you be warmer, I doubt it. I didn't get any warmer, I just made it easier to stay warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.