Guilty or Innocent?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokeyTheBear said:
gbreda said:
My girlfriend had something like 12-13 in her previous house (Kittery, ME code required them everywhere !!!!). One night I called and she was going nuts because they all were chirping. She and one of her daughters finally had to remove all the batteries and replace them the next day because she could not figure out which one (or more) were bad. She was not a happy camper.

Does it make me a bad person for laughing my butt off?

The clincher on the ones that talk to each outer is that it makes no difference where the one with the low battery is, they all are going to scream, you can't get away from them.

Of course that makes you a (very) bad person for laughing your butt off, remember next time she could be the one laughing at you.

There is a LED indicator on each detector that should let you know which one is the culprit.

I bought new smoke detectors two months ago that claim to have "long life" lithium batteries.
Shelf life of ten years so I'm estimating to get 3 years of actual use from them.
We will see. Changed the batteries in the C02 detectors around 4 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.